It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 am

Free Newsletter

Hi all.. newbie here :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all.. newbie here :)

Postby vanessak » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Hello
Vanessa here, I thought I would pop in and introduce myself, I joined here to hopefully find some inspiration and perhaps some motivation in my weightloss journey (or lack of it at the moment :lol: ). My story is probably one of the most common, having babies and letting myself slip *oops*..
I really need to make some BIG lifestyle changes and I guess it starts with healthy eating and giving away the junk food that I am so addicted to.
vanessak

Re: Hi all.. newbie here :)

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Vanessa and welcome to the forum!

There are certainly a lot of inspiring people with great stories out there, I'm sure you'll find them very motivating if you read a few :) Have you come up with a 'plan of action' yet for your weight loss journey? You're right when you say that you need to adopt healthy eating habits and cut out the junk - that's pretty much all there is to weightloss, plus a little exercise. It's just a matter of staying on track and being consistent.

Good luck and keep us posted :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby vanessak » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you :D

My plan of action at the moment is just to start eating right, I've never been a breakfast eater, I usually go half the day without eating a thing and by the time I do eat I'm ravenously hungry, so then I binge eat. Which is so not good :lol:
So baby steps for me, I have started to eat breakfast and lunch and have been keeping it relatively low fat as well as drinking plenty of water..
Next step will be to ease myself into some light exercise :)
vanessak

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 pm

It sounds like you're on the right track - well done! As you've figured out, eating regularly throughout the day is important - especially if you want to avoid those binges. Make sure you include a lot of low GI (glycemic index) foods in your diet, as these will help you feel fuller for longer and ward off those cravings.

If you haven't already, it might be an idea to check out www.calorieking.com.au. It's a free site, and there's a lot of great information on there. You can input your details (age, height, weight etc) and work out how many calories you should be eating a day. They also have a really large data base of common foods, so you can work out how many calories you're consuming each day and whether or not you need to adjust your energy intake.

Keep up the good work!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Introductions