It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Free Newsletter

New member in hope for lasting results!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New member in hope for lasting results!

Postby Lois80 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm Lois, I've been losing and gaining the same 10kg for years, needing some help and encouragement! I have no trouble with exerciing, I love going to group fitness classes at the gym, but overeating is my biggest problem. I just love my food! I'm so confused with all the weight loss messages out there, lots of contradictions and bits of advice that just don't seem to work. This forum seems like a great place, to see what has worked for everybody else out there? I'm a bit too scared to jump on the scales for fear that the 5kg I've lost has been packed back on with periods of overeating, for all reasons such as I'm stressed/bored/hungry/fed up/pre-menstual etc. But I know I need to do it to have a starting point and to get on the road to health and fitness. So... if anybody has any hints for encouragement/willpower/maintenance etc I'd love to hear it! Plus I have my wedding to slim down for! Best wishes to my fellow forum members out there :)
Lois80

Re: New member in hope for lasting results!

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Lois, and welcome to the Australian Weight Loss Forum.

You've discovered that you can't outrun a bad diet! :) I think what is required are a life-long set of new eating habits and new ways to counter the emotional triggers that start overeating.

Easier said than done, of course. Check out the articles on the website attached to this forum as they have some excellent advice on this very subject. The links are at the top of this web page. As for a starting point - do you really need one? Just start now and continue, persevere. Consider bad foods your enemy - they are, in a sense.

The weight-loss process is simple, but requires education and commitment.
CronicBadger

Postby Lois80 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Thank you so much ChronicBadger. It's so true to just start living healthily, not have a starting point which just means there's an end point, and there's never an end point in weight loss and maintenance. Just a lifetime of healthy habits and commitment. I'm going to start checking out the articles and begin to re-educate myself!
Lois80

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm

It's so true to just start living healthily, not have a starting point which just means there's an end point, and there's never an end point in weight loss and maintenance. Just a lifetime of healthy habits and commitment.

Sounds like you've got it all worked out :D

Good luck with your goals. I think the most important thing is that if you do fall off the rails one meal or even one day then to jump straight back on.

As for all the triggers that you mentioned that start you eating .. maybe they could start something else? Liek go for a walk or even just to drink a glass of water? When I started and I was tryig to avoid snacking I would even jump on the computer and look up calorie counts of bad foods .. or look up weight loss success stories to help[ with motivation.

All the best to you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Introductions