It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Free Newsletter

HI :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HI :)

Postby Sahski » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:15 am

Hi,

Im a 20 yr old girl who in the last 3 years has become to comfortable.

i was 55 kilos at 17 and i went up to a huge 89 kilos - im now back down to 82 kilos :)

Im hoping to get to 60 - 65 kilos and i think this forum will keep me on track a little better, i hardly eat during the day but im horrible for snackin after dinner, and doesnt help with my partner being able to eat whatever whenever!!

Im having 2 aldi shakes during the day (are theses ok?), plus a bit of extra protien if in hungry and protien + salad/veggies of a night, we do have carbs 2 times a week with dinner.

Any tips of hints would be great, i work 7 days a week as a groomer, so sometimes excercise can be difficult to fit in but i try to swim every 2 days, i take the dog for a walk at the park after work :)
Sahski

Re: HI :)

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi Sahski

Good on you for deciding to tackle your weight issue early - before it becomes a major problem. As for tips - plan your meals and ensure you don't eat too much. Limiting food energy intake is especially important if you're not going to get frequent exercise. Ditch the snacks too, but ensure you do eat healthy meals.

Losing weight is a well understood scientific process: You have to consume less energy than you use up. There is a DER calculator in the tools section of the website, use it to workout how much food energy you need, then check the food tables against your typical meals to see if you are eating to much (or too little) and adjust accordingly.

And finally, persistence pays off. It will take time, but as long as you maintain an average energy deficit over a long enough period of time you will reach your desired goal.
CronicBadger

Re: HI :)

Postby mitchymitch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Hey mara, as a young pup myself (24) i understand how putting on weight can really mess around with you

a couple of things i would advise :

go and hit up the true stories thread, nothing more motivating then seeing people how have been there and done that

Make sure you eat a balanced diet that means you have to eat carbs, the key is know what time and in what amount, i feel this is the key to any sucessful weight loss

also dont forget resistance training, pumpng iron has alot of myths that surround it (ie: as a girl you will get big by doing weights, this is simply not sure) but the main benefit of doing weights is that it increase your BMR or resting metabolism which will help keep the weight off

hope some of this advice helps you out

Mitch
My BFL Challenge M, 23, 186cm
Started 18/10/10
-----------------------------
SW: 98.8kgs
CW: 86.5kgs (27/11/11)
GW: 83Kgs By 1/1/12
Wight Loss So Far: 12.5kgs
BF% - ~9%