It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 am

Free Newsletter

Thought i'd introduce myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Thought i'd introduce myself

Postby Roar2Life » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi all. Just registered with this site and it's interesting to read about different people's stories and such. So here's my story.

I was 15 years old, 175cm tall and weighed 92kg. I knew I was a big girl but was too scared to admit it and 'face my fear'. Although I played a lot of sport and was quite active my eating habits were really bad. A friend of mine at school was bigger than me and told me how a couple of the teachers were running a program after school hours called participATE and she asked me to come with her. So I decided to and it was the best thing I ever did. It certainly helped that the main teacher was also a good friend of mine and wasn't scared to be honest with me. This became obvious when she said "Cassie, your eating habits are disgusting and need to change". I think that was the wake up call I really needed. Once the program ended I joined the gym and started to change my eating habits.

Now, 13 months later I am 16, 175cm and weigh 79kg with a body fat of around 31%. I've also dropped from a size 18 in pants to a 14 and similar in tops.

Sorry if it's a bit long but there's my story.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:38 pm

HI there Cassie
welcome to the group and thanks for sharing your story with us. it sounds like you are well on your way (no pun intended!!) to becomign healthier and happier. sometimes we need those wake up calls to give us a push in the right direction. join in when and where you feel comfortable and we are always here if you need anything :) best wishes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Hi Cassie, good to have you with us.
Dolly

Postby Sassygirl » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:52 pm

I was in the same boat as you when I was in high school. I dreaded swimming day because we were not allowed to wear t-shirts over our bathers - everything had to be the uniform. I would say that I was about 68 kilos then and in comparison to my peers - about 10-15 kilos heavier then them.

Be strong ... you can lose the weight. And with some great help, motivation and advice from the ladies on this forum - I feel sure that you can overcome your bad eating habits and truly shine.

Welcome aboard ..... and I ended up losing the "high school" weight only to regain it after each child!!! :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby KimE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:25 am

Hello Cassie and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and what a fantastic program your school is running. It’s hard to face your fear isn’t it but once you have taken the plunge and started to see results then you know it’s all worth it. Well done for starting on a healthier lifestyle and congrats on your weight loss to date. Keep up the great work.

All the best on your weightloss journey.
:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:14 am

HI Cassie and welcome to the forum...Wow first off let me say a big congratulations on your weight loss so far...13kgs is an excellent loss!! I am betting that you feel really good within yourself. Going from a size 18 to a 14 is wonderful!!

Wake up calls are great as they can really make us see what we just can't normally see and it is that jolt that makes us realise what we are doing to our bodies....Good on you for joining that program run by your school and I say well done for keeping on with it once the program had finished! I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your progress!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 am

Hi cassie and welcome to the forums . Congrats on your loss so far adn hope to see you around the boards
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:03 pm

Hi Cassie and welcome!
Good on you for being so dedicated and responsible at 15/16yo! At that age I didn't have the self-belief to have done what you did and it is only recently at 23/24 that I have finally gotten the courage to actually get out there and live so I CAN get my weight down!!

You have done fantastically and are a real inspiration for all the young people out there also struggling with their eating habits in todays fast food driven world!

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:20 pm

Well done on your weight loss!

I hope you will join on with the maintenance people when you reach your goal, and give us all advice on how to get the weight off and keep it off!

You should be very proud of yourself! :D
Mandie

Return to Introductions