It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Free Newsletter

abit about me

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

abit about me

Postby kimbo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:10 am

Hi there all! im new to this and so far im really enjoying the site ive read some post and it seems u guys really look out for each other and help thats what im after. Well abit about me i just turned 29 and am weighing my heaviest ever at 127kg i have decided i need to lose weight its not doing anything for me at all being this big im always feeling more emoctional, tired and lazy and ive had enuff, ive tried for years to lose weight but have always fallen down the well ive never really had the support from family i need as theres all boys in my family and well u know what there like lol. my biggest problem is snack food i get hungry i grab that crap instead of healthy is there like a miracle to snap me out of that change my way of thinking lol lol i would love to start a family one day but dont want to do it at the size i am ....if anyone has any suggestions , ideas or tips i would really apprecite them thanks by the way i really hope i clicked the right spot to post a post i really have no idea never doen it before lol

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:54 am

Hi Kimbo, welcoome to the forum.

Postby KimE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:42 am

Hello Kimbo and welcome to the forum.

Make sure you check out the home page. There are articles and tips on weightloss as well as tools to help you determine various factors. There really is a wealth of info right there including diaries for exercise and food. Sing out if you need any help finding something.

Weightloss is not easy and takes effort but is well worth it if you stick to your resolve. Start by making small changes, things like drinking 2lts of water a day and cut out as much junk food as you can. Do this for a few weeks until you are comfortable. Start moving more, going for walks, taking the stairs instead of lifts that sort of thing. If you don’t regularly exercise then remember to start out slowly, even 10 min walks building up each week till you can comfortably do 30 mins then increase from there. Write down your goals so you know what you are trying to achieve and more importantly why you want to achieve them. Put this somewhere you can see it or look at it once a day. Start reading the portion sizes and stick to them, you will be surprised how much food you really need each day and if you can cut out the crap and replace it with more nutritious food it will generally keep you satisfied longer. We are all different and will respond to things differently so learn what works best for you.

All the best of luck on your weight loss journey.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Dozzy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:57 am

Welcome Kimbo,I love this site we all seem to think the same,i too have no support at home , tell your self that you will eat that junk food in 10min time and I bet you end up forgetting about it.clean your teeth no body wants to eat with clean teeth.
one day at a time..

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:56 am

hi kimbo
i grew up in mtdruitt- bidwill! what a small world.

welcome to the group- the girls have already given you some great tips. im sure if you search the homepage and the forums you will find some more tips on weightloss. it isnt easy -if it was then there wouldnt be so many overweight people in this world! are you following any kind of plan? or just healthy eating and exercise? best wishes for losing that weight and im looking forward to seeing your ticker move :)

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:09 am

Hey there Kimbo, great to have you onboard!! You have already received some great advice there!!

With the unhealthy snacking the easiest thing to do make sure that you are prepared..grab some crispbreads, water crackers and pretzels, team it with some tomato-based salsa dip and you have an instant snack (remembering to watch the portions on the crackers etc) you can also add some veges to it such as chunks of carrot, celery, green beans, snow peas etc. Another healthy snack is some low fat yoghurt and all comes down to the planning and being will get there!! There are some ideas in the Healthy recipe section on the forum as the girls have listed some of their snack ideas.

We have a variety of challenges here on the forum too, to offer you some additional motivation to stay on track!!

I would recommend that you keep a food diary so that you can see where to make changes in your all seems so overwhelming when first starting off, but you will get there with determination and perserverance. You may face challenges with an unsupportive family, but you need to stand strong and decide that becoming fit and healthy is more important!! We will support you through!

Postby ossabelli » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:12 am

Welcome! Good luck, and I'm sure you'll get lots of friendly advise here on the boards...

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep."

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:31 am

Hi kimbo and welcome to the forums . Feel free to join in any of the topics . Look forward to seeing around the boards
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby slimmindown » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:48 am

Welcome kimbo, seems you have lots of great advice already. Good luck with your goals 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby kimbo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:25 am

Thx heaps everyone You all have given me some great and fantasic ideas on what to acheive and how to do it was only this morning after reading ur comments ive now gone and brought myself and exercise book and going to record my eating habbits, drinks etc etc my husband and i have planned walks for 3 days aweek so im real happy how this has worked out again thank u kindly i guess i really needed to hear from someone the support and trust ill keep u posted hopefully this time next year im helping someone else acheive there goals

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:41 am

hi there kimbo

you are most welcome. well done on the exercise book :) sounds like a great plan :) looking forward to seeing your results :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:59 pm

There is nothing this forum does better than to provide support - that's what it's supposed to do!! So welcome on board and good luck in reaching your goal!

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 pm

hey there kimbo,

you've received some great advice above from the girls

best of luck with your weight loss

chime in anywhere and ask more questions and share your story and maybe pics if you feel comfortable! :D

Return to Introductions