It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Free Newsletter

HI - I'm new!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HI - I'm new!

Postby lazybones » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:29 am

I'm Bec and I have been so lazy for the last 4 years.
No excuses from now, I will exercise most days. I will drink adequate water. I will live a love life again, rather than simply exist.

I've basically felt like crap the past few years, squeezing into size 16/18 with no energy, bad skin, cracked heels and wearing hideous clothes, initially wearing clothes that didnt' really fit, and finally surrendering to wearing the tents that make me feel 20 years older than I am and just 'blerk'. Plus I am so over wearing suck in underwear, suck in singlets and a whole lot of other crap that doesn't even do a very good job at hiding the fact that I'm overweight lol.

So, I have 20, maybe 25kgs to lose and it starts tomorrow....
lazybones

Re: HI - I'm new!

Postby journeyman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:49 am

Good luck Bec! We're both newbies on here, let's crush this thing!
journeyman

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Bec

You'll find that the effort of beginning and maintaining a healthy lifestyle worth it. You'll feel a heck of a lot better, both physically and emotionally.

Read the articles on the website attached to this forum and participate in the forum. Do things that you find will help you stay focussed and motivated.

The main problem people seem to have is getting past the boredom or shock of change they experience over the first month of weight-loss. Some quit. The ones that persevere generally find it gets easier after that first month. Try not to give yourself the option of quitting, no matter how tempting it might become over the next few weeks. And don't worry about minor slip-ups - they're only a problem if they become the norm rather than the exception.
CronicBadger

Postby tori243 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi Bec,

I'm new to the forum too, and just wanted to say good luck! I'm in a fairly similar predicament to yours - stuck at size 16-18 (Aus) and feeling very lethargic, unattractive, and despite my desperate need to lose weight, I have a SEVERE lack of motivation. How ironic that the one thing I want the most seems at the moment to be most unattainable! Wishing you the best of luck, and if you have any good tips, be sure to post them. Always looking for new ideas...

xox
tori243

Postby watching.every.step » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi Bec!
I am new here too, very simular situation and definitely ready to do something about it!! Would love to hear how you are going and if you have any tips or anything to share with someone else just starting out!
watching.every.step

Return to Introductions