It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:19 am

Free Newsletter

Last resort!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Last resort!

Postby Miss Pud » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

:( hello all
I watched the rerun of Mark Stephen's ThinkSlim on channel 9's A Current Affair, last night and before I get really carried away and spend a whole heap of money investing in yet another gadget or book, cd or go to another seminar, I'l like to hear anyone that has tried his programme??? I'd like to hear all the good and all the bad...

Miss Pud...
Miss Pud

Re: Last resort!

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Miss Pud

Sorry I can't supply a direct answer to your question.

What I do suggest is that since you've inferred that you have tried all manner of commercial weight-loss packages which have not worked for you, then why would you suppose yet another of these endless, regurgitated commercial products will be any different?!?

Most of them are based on a similar set of principles:
* Eat less energy dense food
* East less than you need to maintain a steady weight
* Exercise more
And, most importantly, those key principles are bound together into a structured plan that has to be followed with dedication and perseverance over an extended period of time. This involves modifying how they think about food, and their behaviour.

The fact that a person has to fork out money is just an added incentive to stay on the plan.

Non-commercial weightloss programs are pretty much the same and just as effective - IF a person follows the plan with dedication and perseverance - often only possible if they modify their long-term thought processes and behaviour.

In all "diets" it is ultimately up to the person who decides whether they succeed or not.

From what I've read about it, ThinkSlim helps a person modify their thoughts and behaviour, which is great. But, realistically, that has to occur for ANY diet plan to be successful in the long term, and most long-term plans already seem to acknowledge and address these issues. For example, you can find plenty of articles about this subject just here on the Weightloss Forum's associated website and on the public health websites of most state governments.
CronicBadger

Return to Introductions