It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Free Newsletter

losing it all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

losing it all

Postby lookwhosperfectnow » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:02 pm

hey everyone. My name is Jess, im 20yrs old. Last year i joined weight watchers and went from 87kg to 69kg. I had to quit WW and the gym awhile ago because i was broke, and ive been stressed(no excuse i know!), but i have put all the weight back on plus some. i am now a disgusting 93kg. The hardest thing is, i helped my mum and aunty lose weight too, and they are still goin great, and i have failed and become a monster again. And i just dont feel i can do it this time. i have no money to rejoin WW, and ive moved out of home, so i dont have my mum to inspire me anymore. i just feel like im slipping into a place i dont want to be and i feel there is so way out. i have limited money to buy healthy food, which is one thing i did when i lost the weight originally. i have rejoined a gym, which is free for me right now til next year, and ive started goin. my biggest problem is i just dont feel motivated. I did great yesturday, i ate real healthy and went to the gym, then today i binged on chocolate. i have forgotten the habits i learned at WW. i have forgotten what it felt like when i got down to 69kg and i size 10. ive forgotten to love myself and treat myself well, and im hoping i can find some of that motivation here. when i lost weight the first time i was part of a forum and it was great. hope i find some support here, i really do. hope to hear from everyone, and get inspired again.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Hi Jess
welcome to the forum and feel free to join in where and when you feel comfortable. well done on losing the weight previously. even though you cant afford WW im sure you can still remember things baout it that can help you lose weight this time around. i found that something clicked in my head that said 'right im going to start weightloss today and not give in!!' and i learnt to say 'no' to the yummy- but naughty foods. i have them occasionally now. to motivate yourself sit down and write a list of all the positives about losing weight and what you want to achieve. think about your past achievements and what you had to do to to get to those. you can do it jess and we are all here to inspire, motivate and encourage you :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi Jess,
Sounds like you're needing a bit of support. Moving out of home is hard for a number of reasons: moving house is a huge stress factor, you lose the close support from your family being there all the time and what's worse - you lose the good ol home cooking :shock: !

The good news is it is possible to lose weight without paying a fortune on gyms and programs - i've lost 30+kg that way. In fact I'm saving money by cycling to work! AND there is this fantastic forum that has invaluable advice support and tools you can use all for free!

I was in a similar state of mind to what you are feeling now when I started - i actually didn't think I would lose any weight because, hey, I was fat and as if me, a fat person, was going to succeed at losing weight. As if. Yeah. Right. Without the support, help and patience of the people on here (and my bloke) I don't think i could have done it.

So just jump on here when you are feeling down - there's usually someone to answer or at least some funny threads to read and take your mind off things!!

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Hi Jess, welcome to the forum.

Postby bbella » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:55 pm

welcome jess. i know how u feel. i was 75kg and then ballooned to my biggest at 95kgs! I just knew it was time to lose this excess weight.

congrats on joining this forum as there are great people here who will support you and motivate you. have a look at the before and after pictures for motivation.

Starting weight-95kgs[31.7BMI]
Wk 8 - 88.5

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:25 pm

You can do it Jess.

You know you can, you've done it before.

The extra things like weight watchers help, but YOU did it. And you can do it again!

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:36 pm

Hey Jess and welcome to the forum!! I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey and I thankyou for sharing it with us. WW, like any other weight loss program is only the tool we use to help lose the weight...You can lose it without going, as it comes down to your own grit and determination. The money you would normally spend on going to WW, use it to buy fruit and veg etc...I always used to say that I couldn't afford to eat healthy either, but when you look at the cost of what you are buying for eg...if you buy a block of choccie that is around $4.50....that same amount could get you a kilo of apples...I sat down with my hubbie one day and worked out just what we bought each week and when we added it all up, I certainly realised that we could afford to eat cutting out all the junk that was in our trolley. You would be surprised how it all adds up...even the $1.70 mars bar adds up to some kind of fruit or veg..just a thought :wink:

As Tegan mentioned this site is free and we all offer our own style of advice and humour (eek!) feel free to jump on here and ask anything you like, as many times a day you need too. We also offer some challenges for motivation..check them out and join in one if you would like too!! Losing weight is hard, but we are always here!!

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:39 am

Hello Jess and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your weight loss before. Maybe sitting down and writing exactly what you did last time and then finding substitutes for each thing to fit in with the budget you now have. Remember walking and/or running outdoors is free and you can use any heavy household item to do weights if you are into that sort of thing. Being able to go to the gym for free for a while is certainly a bonus. Perhaps you could organise something with your mother, where you catch up weekly for a motivation session. Have a healthy meal together, discuss the good, bad and the ugly about your weight loss for the week and go for a walk something like that.

As the other members have mentioned there is plenty of free info and tools on the home page so have a good look around and join in wherever you are comfortable.

All the very best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:30 am

Sounds like you've got some pretty good advice already Jess.

Welcome to the forum, these guys are fantastic motivation and by having our weekly weigh ins and challenges it helps to have some accountability without the cost ,that you are finding hard at the moment.

Plan some mini goals and also what has helped me so far is planning every days dietary intake, this leaves no room for error if you get hungry you already no what to eat, healthy and not a quick fix of junk etc...

anyway Welcome again and i cant wait to see your great results.

jump into the next 12 week challenge if you like or just go week by week ,whatever you feel comfortable with. We are all here to support you... :) :)
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:34 pm

Hey Jess and welcome to the forums . Sounds like the girls have givin u great advice . Hang in there mate . We are all here for u an are a great support system
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:27 pm

Hi Jess! your story sounds so familier, I got down to 72kg on WW and then just lost the plot and stacked it ALL back on. Getting motivated can be tough. I found mine the other day when a friend emailed me a pic of myself from 18 months ago, when i was 25kg lighter. I was so shocked and couldnt stop looking at it! I was wearing hipsters and a teeny tiny skintight singlet and I looked GOOD!!
so i printed it out and stuck it on the fridge. when im not home and feel like something, i think about that photo, and how happy i was when it was taken.
Good luck getting back on the horse, it can be so tough, especially when you cant get to the WW meetings, but this site is awesome for the accountability, a place to weigh in each week, the advice, support and help you need :D
I'm loosely following the WW program, and doing well (for now) so if you need someone to chat to, drop me a line! good luck!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!

Postby lookwhosperfectnow » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:12 pm

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who replied! im starting to feel alot more motivated already!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:54 am

thats great jess- you go for it girl!

Postby Dollface » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:17 am

Hi Jess, glad too see you have come on here for that extra support as it's such a great place and everyone is so lovely.

Like you I was on WWs a couple years back and i got down to 77 kilos.. but then i put it all back on again. The money issues are the same with me as well, i seem to always blame that for eating poorly because there isn't any 'good' food in the fridge. A thing you should maybe think about doing is using your WWs books and just following their plans??

Well i hope to see you around the forums, i wish you the best of luck!

Postby Livy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:36 am

Hi Jess. Thanks for pouring your heart out to us :D
I have battled my weight for years, and it may take another many years for it to come off!
I think it would be great if you could start to believe in yourself again. Start my writing some positive affirmations on the mirror... Like "I am a beautiful person" and "I will try my very best today at everything I do".
Sometimes all the advice in the world can only lessen your belief in yourself. You must STOP all that negative self talk. As the old saying goes "What you think about, you bring about". Try not to think of 'all this weight' you have to lose, but rather just the next kilo. Try to think of how great it will feel when you see those scales one kilo lighter.
I don't think you can say fruit and vege are expensive... seriously, they are no more expensive than junk food!!
You don't need weightwatchers either. Try looking at calorie king online, you can buy a full program with them (nearly exactly like online weightwatchers without all the bells and whistles) for like 30 bucks!
Try to envision yourself slim again. You can acheive ANYTHING you want to, YOU and nobody else is in complete control of who you are and who you want to be.
You can do it. Just take one day at a time.
Take Care

Return to Introductions