It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Free Newsletter

need about 90kg of help

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

need about 90kg of help

Postby slack.but.hopeful » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi - where to start - I am a nurse - had lapbanding - brought & am trying BT - and keep going off track without even thinking about it - I'm 60 in 7 months & want to be 60kg am now around 90 - I have heaps of positive motivational reasons to stay on track but they appear to go out the window - unable to exercise at this time due to health issues - can anyone give me a blunt shove to get me back on the correct path - slack.but.hopeful : :cry: :? :
slack.but.hopeful

Re: need about 90kg of help

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:34 pm

A blunt shove is easy. For starters, consider the following risks due to obesity:
    Diabetes Type 2
    Coronary Disease
    Bowel and Ovarian Cancer
    Fatty liver disease
    Anesthetic-related medical complications (eg simply never waking up from routine surgery)
    Constipation
    Social exclusion
    Lower quality of life

However, practical advice is harder since everyone is motivated in different ways.
I suspect you'll have to first discover and then overcome the reasons why you can't stay on a weight-loss programme. It could be lack of motivation, fear of change, boredom induced by a particular diet, bad eating habits or unsupportive people around you. Figure out those and your task might become easier.

Losing weight without the benefit of exercise is achievable - it just requires food energy restriction ("calorie counting"). That's how I lost over 50 kilos. Work out your Daily Energy Requirements (DER), then work out how much less than that you need to eat in order to "burn" fat stores, bearing in mind that your DER will go down as you lose weight.

Explore the articles on the forum's main website to learn. Participate in the forum to help stay focused. Keep a food and weight diary. Report to us! Get encouragement and a gentle shove from people who are or who have been through what you're going through.
CronicBadger

Re: need about 90kg of help

Postby miss_viva » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Amen Badger! Great post :)

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your plans. As a nurse, you should be familiar with a lot of the health complications that Badger was referring to, so maybe that will be enough of a "blunt shove" to get you heading in the right direction!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Introductions