It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Just to say hi :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Just to say hi :)

Postby mummy2four » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 am

Hi everyone,

I decided to make a New Year's resolution to lose my excess weight and keep it off and then sat there thinking "why wait till 1st of January to start" so here I am!

I'm 32 and need to lose about 10kg. I've had a terrible year with my health having 30 cm of bowel removed at the beginning of the year which saw my weight drop to about 55kg which is where I should be. But keeping the weight off was not to be due to restrictions in exercise and diet so it has climbed back up. I have 4 beautiful children who take up most of my time and a wonderful DH who works odd hours all contributing to making it hard to find time to exercise regularly!

But all that is going to change starting NOW!!!!

Wish me luck :)
mummy2four

Re: Just to say hi :)

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Mummy and welcome to the board :)

Good for you for being proactive and starting your weightloss plan before January 1st! I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a very good year with your health, but I'm sure 2012 is your year to turn all of that around. Have you decided how you're going to lose weight? Are you going to follow a particular program or plan or just do your own thing?

Good luck with your goal, keep us posted and don't give up!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby mummy2four » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 am

Trying celebrity slim to kick start my weight loss. From a rural area so not a lot of options available.
mummy2four

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:55 am

Well good luck to you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 pm

mummy2four wrote:Trying celebrity slim to kick start my weight loss. From a rural area so not a lot of options available.

Don't let that be any kind of excuse - there are ways around everything!

Not a lot of options for what?

I am on a sheep station in western NSW 250kms from the nearest bigger town. We only food shop once a monthish. For the first week or so we have lots of fresh fruit and veg but then as that starts to be not so fresh then we move onto frozen veg (and fruit too) until we get to town. At the moment we also have garden in that helps with fresh stuff. We will have tinned stuff as a last resort as usually there is salt added and it's probably the least healthy option of the healthy options (if that makes sense lol)

As far as exercise - there's so much you can do without a gym or even equipment. Walking for a start is a brilliant exercise .. graduate slowly into a jog for more cardio work. Do body weight exercises like lunges and push ups for example. Get hold of some workout DVDs for rainy or hot days .. also great to do these after dark when the kids are in bed. If you have a smartphone then look up fitness apps - Nike have a brilliant one that will walk you through different workouts (I think it's just called Nike training).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Return to Introductions