It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 am

Free Newsletter

Need Help!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Need Help!

Postby tori243 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, and need as much encouragement and support as you can provide :D . I have gained 30 kilos since I got married 3 years ago, to the point where I can no longer wear my engagement and wedding rings :( . I'm not new to the dieting game; I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life, but it's usually been no more than a 10-15 kilo swing. I'm really stuck; the methods I've used in the past eg calorie counting, are no longer working.

If you have any new ideas or suggestions, they'd be most appreciated. In the meantime, good luck to you all....

Re: Need Help!

Postby miss_viva » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Tori :)

I'm sure you'll find a lot of great information around here, there so many different articles and posts to read! Have a read through at your own pace and just start joining in - that's the easiest way to get to know people on here!

In relation to your past methods not working, maybe you could give us a little more information so that we could possibly help you/offer some suggestions? E.g. your height, current weight, goal weight etc. Personally I could calories and I've found that to be the most effective way to lose weight. It's simple mathematics - burn more calories than you consume = weightloss. Without more information, I can't really tell you as to why that's currently not working for you. Perhaps you limited your calories too much and your body went into survival mode and tried to cling onto whatever fat stores it had? You might also want to see a doctor for a general check up too, it can't hurt :)

Best of luck with your weightloss journey, let us know how you go!

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs

Return to Introductions