It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

From across the ditch!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

From across the ditch!

Postby blackbird » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hey everyone! I'm Keenan, 25 from across the ditch, and I am totally down with losing weight once again. I've been successful with my weight loss when I started 4 years ago, losing 29 kgs from 102 kg to 73 kg with a BMI of 26.6, so I was pretty stoked about that. Unfortunately I wasn't able to continue my progress because I did some humanitarian work in a 3rd world country, and I guess my time was spent mostly on other people, and I have kinda forgotten about myself. So I went back to my usual weight, not as much as before but still significantly higher than what my weight around three years ago was. Now that I am back, I really wanna focus on hit the ground running with my weight loss journey :D I'm way pumped eh. So yeah, great to be here!
blackbird

Re: From across the ditch!

Postby miss_viva » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Keenan and welcome to the board :)

I'm sure you'll do well, you've lost a lot of weight in the past and I'm sure you know what's required of you to get those kilos back down again. It'll also be easier for you now that you're back home and able to focus on yourself again. Out of curiosity, where did you go to do your humanitarian work? It sounds quite interesting.

Good luck with your new weightloss journey, keep us updated!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby blackbird » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 am

miss_viva wrote:Hi Keenan and welcome to the board :)

I'm sure you'll do well, you've lost a lot of weight in the past and I'm sure you know what's required of you to get those kilos back down again. It'll also be easier for you now that you're back home and able to focus on yourself again. Out of curiosity, where did you go to do your humanitarian work? It sounds quite interesting.

Good luck with your new weightloss journey, keep us updated!

Hey Miss Viva! Wow, thanks for the very warm welcome greatly appreciated. Yeah that's what I thought too, although I must say that I was doing so much better before methinks. Progress is rather slow with weight loss this time around, NEVERTHELESS it is still progress, and I am so proud of myself. Thanks for the encouragement.

I went to the Philippines and stayed there for a couple of years :D The weather was intense, traffic was horrendous, but loved loved loved how friendly and accommodating the people were. It was a very humbling and life-changing experience and it made me realise how I take for granted some things I have. Those people over there do not have a lot, but they are so happy with their lives. :)
blackbird

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:52 am

You're welcome :)

blackbird wrote:Yeah that's what I thought too, although I must say that I was doing so much better before methinks. Progress is rather slow with weight loss this time around, NEVERTHELESS it is still progress, and I am so proud of myself.

I totally know what you're going through here, but you're exactly right - as long as the weight is going down, you're on the right track. It doesn't really matter if it's slow, because losing a little weight is so much better than doing nothing at all to try and lose the extra kilos and gaining even more. Just take it one day at a time, and it'll get easier.

Your trip to the Philippines sounds pretty good, I have a couple of friends from there and they really are lovely people. I've been to South America a couple of times in the last two years and I'd love to go back and live there/do some humanitarian work and just immerse myself in the culture. Unfortunately, it's a little hard with work and everything going on to do this.

So what's your current goal this time? What are you hoping to get down to and how are you doing it? Happy 2012 :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby blackbird » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 am

Happy 2012 to you too Miss Viva! Bet you had a blast.

I made a personal agreement that , like what you said, better lose something than lose none at all. And if the scale shows the same weight after a week, then I won't beat myself up cuz sometimes it's not just the numbers eh. So yeah, can't deal with negativity this time around. This week's been rather difficult though, weekend I mean, with new year and stuff, and I am by myself with this losing weight goal. Mates are pretty alright anyway. I've successfully cut the booze a long time ago so I'm pretty good with that, but the food is soo good but it's soo bad! Weighed myself this morning and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Gained a couple of grams but after some heavy workout lost it all off again.

For goals...Well my ultimate goal is have respect for myself and boost my self-confidence, weight is secondary or I guess weight loss is a branch off of my big time goal. Funny how I can be very very critical of myself when no one has ever dissed me for my physical appearance, not one. I think I'm a pretty good bloke eh, I just very low self-esteem. Obviously I can do with a lot of improvement weight wise but I wanted to make sure that I'm doing this weight loss for myself, not for any other people. Well, that's not entirely true too cuz I'm kinda doing it for the ladies 8) but you get my drift eh.

But weight wise my goal is 65 kg by the end of this year. That brings me to a really good BMI. For short term, I want to lose 8 kg by the end of March. That's when I travel to the US to meet up with some mates. I haven't enrolled in the gym yet but I've been balancing my cardio and resistance training, and watching my caloric intake. I did P90X with my mate last year but it was hard as I was close to puking my guts out and I gave up, but he got ripped fast! Some simple basic things.

That's cool though that you travelled in South America. I've always wanted to go to Peru.
blackbird

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

blackbird wrote:I am by myself with this losing weight goal. Mates are pretty alright anyway.

This can be one of the hardest things to deal with, in my opinion. I have a group of friends and we eat out at least once a week. In the past, I've been the only one who was particularly concerned about losing weight and all of them would order things like creamy pastas, hot chips, dessert etc and I'd be sitting there with my grilled fish and salad. It almost killed me, but you really have to just do it for yourself and not worry about what other people are doing! The ironic thing is that these eating patterns have caused a few of them to gain a few extra kilos, so now we are all losing weight together and I have a little bit of extra support from them!

Your goals sound great and I hope they go well for you this year. It's good to see that you're working on your confidence and self-esteem. Good luck with the ladies too! :lol: I think losing weight will certainly help with those goals, but it isn't a magic cure. You really do need to feel that within and it looks like you're on your way to that now!

blackbird wrote:That's cool though that you travelled in South America. I've always wanted to go to Peru.

Peru is awesome, one of my favourite places in the world! You really have to go and check it out at some point, Machu Picchu and the Uros Islands (man-made floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca) are particularly awesome to see. :) The people are lovely there too and the food is ridiculously cheap and in general, really natural and healthy. I'd go back there just for the food alone!

I usually post over in Personal Progress, you might want to think about starting a thread there if you plan to stick around, instead of constantly using the intro thread. There's a lot of really nice and supportive people who post there, which helps with motivation!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby blackbird » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:40 am

miss_viva wrote:Peru is awesome, one of my favourite places in the world! You really have to go and check it out at some point, Machu Picchu and the Uros Islands (man-made floating reed islands on Lake Titicaca) are particularly awesome to see. :)

....And this is exactly why I want to go there!!!! My mate's been there and looking at those photos made me want to experience the same thing!

miss_viva wrote:I usually post over in Personal Progress, you might want to think about starting a thread there if you plan to stick around, instead of constantly using the intro thread. There's a lot of really nice and supportive people who post there, which helps with motivation!

I most prolly will! Thanks for the suggestion!
blackbird

Postby babylove » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi and welcome!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1