It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

New and in need of motivation

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and in need of motivation

Postby Rinaki » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:02 am

Hi everyone, I have visited the site a couple of times before and have finally become a member.
I have had a pretty bad image of myself for as long as I remember and it has been the reason I have missed out on a lot of things in my life because of it. It has stopped me from having friends, going out and having a good time, wearing the clothes that I like and most sadly enjoying things like going to the pool with my two beautiful kids.
I am pretty angry with my self for letting food rule my life. I am angry with myself for putting my self on every single diet and weightloss program there is and spending money to try to eat less. When I stop to thing about it I can't believe how much of my life I wasted thinking about it when I could have been focusing on other things.
I have been reading peoples post and am so proud of people that have lost close to fifty kilos and then I resent myself again for not been able to loose the small amount of weight that I have wanted to loose since primary school.
I am now 33 and weigh about 74 kilos. I want to go to 60. I want to stop the binge eating I have recently started. I want to eat when I am hungry. I want to stop when I am full. I want to stop making excuses about not finding the time to exercise. I want to be happy.
I need to do something about this today. I need your help, motivation and support.
Sorry about the long and depressing post but I needed to get it out. I almost feel better and ready to start!!!!!!
Hope to talk to you soon :D
Rinaki

Re: New and in need of motivation

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:10 am

Good to see you here, Rinaki!

Use those posts that you read to motivate yourself .. the only difference between those that have already lost and you is that they started a bit earlier! Read up and learn about what is good and bad and use that knowledge to help others trying to do what you're doing. I found that the more I posted on boards about what I had learnt the less I wanted to go and eat a Mars Bar. ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Re: New and in need of motivation

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:57 am

Hi Rinaki and welcome :) I've posted over in your PP thread.

Metalcharm wrote:I found that the more I posted on boards about what I had learnt the less I wanted to go and eat a Mars Bar.

Haha, this is so true and exactly what I'm doing now, only I'm avoiding lindt chocolate :lol:

Good luck with everything and don't worry about venting/being depressing - it's good to get it all out sometimes and this is the perfect place to do so :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Introductions