It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:13 am

Free Newsletter

2012 - New Year New Me

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

2012 - New Year New Me

Postby bex_2011 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Well after a bit of a rollercoaster year healthwise and recently being told I have high cholestrol (its 6.5 at the moment :oops: and blood pressure that is borderline for medication (I'm only 29) I have decided its time to pull my finger out and start taking better care of myself!

My husband and I have joined the local gym and I have started walking 2km/day at lunchtime when I am at work. I have quite an active outdoors job when I am not in the office so I am always moving around/walking lots etc. I just need to eat better and cut my portion size down.

Some days I find myself obsessing over food and when I can eat again. Lately I have been eating so much its ridiculous! I would have dinner then two hours later be hungry. I knew I wasn't pregnant or anything like that, just constantly feeding my face! We have two (lollies/chips and soft drink) vending machines at work PLUS the charity chocolate bars people bring in for their local sporting groups etc. so it can be hard not to give in to temptation and buy them!

I started taking blackmores "weightless" appetite suppressants this week, I am starting to notice that I am only eating about half of my main meals and i don't get that hunger pain feeling as frequently and i get to the point of just not wanting to eat anymore, as opposed to eating until i was going to explode. I am gonig to try these in the interim but i am looking into starting Censored (maybe) at the end of January after my best friends wedding which I am her maid of honour and already have my dress etc which fits like a glove!

I am looking to lose 23kgs - I am 29, married with no kids and just want to be healthier and feel better about myself. I think my weight is proportioned kind of evenly - I am 5'10 so I don't look it but I weigh 93kg.

Look forward to sharing my journey with all of you

Bec :D

Re: 2012 - New Year New Me

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Welcome to the board and best of luck with your weightloss plans :) Keep us posted on how you go!

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs

Re: 2012 - New Year New Me

Postby chelsclint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi,,, glad to hear the tablets you bought are helping... can you keep me informed how they go over the next few weeks as i was looking at trying them too.
My problem is though I dont eat because im hungry im an emotional eater but im hoping if i take these pills my brain will somehow tell itself yes your sad but you have a pill that says you arent hungry! lol'
As for Censored I have tried that and many others similar to it,,,, i tend to find that i lose a lot of weight to start with but when i try an bring food back into my diet the weight starts coming back on... even if its healthy food, then i lose heart and give in. It could just be me but i find a little excercise and a diet of normal healthy food seems best in the long run... but see what others have to say about it!
Goodluck and enjoy your friends wedding!

Return to Introductions