It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:35 am

Free Newsletter

Im new and on duromine!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Im new and on duromine!

Postby chubbymummy89 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm 22 years old and currently way 112kg at 174cms :shock: . I'm also a mother to a beautiful 2 year old girl :D !
so after numerous failed attempts on healthy eating and diet fads (which can be due to me being diagnosed with PCOS) my doctor prescribed me duromine 15mg. So far i haven't had any of the bad side effects only a little light headed and consistenly waking up throughout the night but i suprisingly feel quite refreshed 8)! My appetite is definatley supressed considering i could eat almost every hour, constantly snacking, compared to now where i struggle to get 3 meals into me. I'm finding really hard actually to get the required 1200 calories that my doctor told me to aim for. I can only seem to get just over 800.
can anyone give me some helpful tips i'd appreciate it heaps :D

Re: Im new and on duromine!

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi and welcome!

Over in the 'True Stories' section of the board, there is a whole thread dedicated to people who are using/have used duromine to lose weight. You might be able to find some tips in there.

In relation to eating more calories, perhaps you could try something like raw nuts and yogurt combined? Nuts are a great snack and they are full of healthy fats, which the body needs. They are also quite high in calories. Other than that, maybe you can just have a small snack inbetween your main meals, that should help get you close to 1200 :).

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 am

I am also on Duromine, 30mg and have been for 6 days now. I have had no side effects either with the exception of very light sleeping but like you, I am never tired. That only lasted 4 days though. Now I get a good nights sleep.

As for the hunger, I find myself hungry all the time!! My doctor did say it is an appetite suppressant but I find myself hungry a lot, which is good as I need to teach my metabolism that I will be eating around 6 times a day.

Are you exercising? I find the exercise I do helps with feeling hungry as I am burning a lot and need to fuel the body. Do try and eat a small snack between meals, even if it is a few cashews, sultanas, grapes, watermelon, apple, whatever.

Good luck!

Postby chubbymummy89 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:40 pm

So I lost 3kilos in the first week and I have not felt better my tummy no longer feels so bloated :D (which is a horrible feeling to have) and I'm maintaing 1200 calories more sufficiently yay!
Hi kellie i have begun to feel more hungry but I'm able to have a glass a water and feel fullfilled until my next meal( but then it could be just my mind telling me I'm hungry rather then my tummy) yea I'm doing exercise I recently brought a wii fit plus and it is fantastic your get weighed every day and has progress graphs,bmi,goals etc. It really great everyday I see a change with my weight or bmi, balance or strength and it makes me more motivated to stick to it! I can burn over 250-300 calories each day. Please keep me informed with your progress I would love to here how you go!

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Hey Chubbs,

Great to hear from you. Well done on your weight loss too! I lost 1.8kg in my first week and tomorrow I will weigh in for week 2. I have had no other side affects either, I have never felt better in my life!!

I had my first go on the Wii yesterday playing Just Dance with my kids! I have never sweated so much in my life, and it was so much fun!! I haven't done the Wii Fit for years, but it is a lot of fun too.

I am enjoying walking outdoors in this lovely weather (although today was disgustingly hot at 40 degrees here :oops: ).

Good luck on your journey, and keep me posted!!

Postby babylove » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Hey Chubbs
Well done on the loss! Watermelon and grapes are good suggestions to get some more calories.
Good luck.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Congrats on your losses.

I am on duromine too and my first week finishes Friday - so will let you know then how I have gone lol.

I am not having any side affects either. Actually still get tired. Was never very hungry to start with, so no real difference there, if anything I am actually noticing that I get hungry more, which is at least making me eat 3 regular meals!!

Take care
Created by - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Postby sunnys » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 pm

I started Duromine - 30mg about 4 weeks ago, for the first couple of days I felt like I was on a high - immense energy and could not sleep. Didnt feel tired either. The effects slowed down and the only effect I have now from Duromine is a dry throat some times which I think is good as it reminds me to drink more water.

I have been taking Duromine religiously and changed my lifestyle drastically, gave up carbs totally (rice, bread, pasta etc and it is very hard to do so being an Indian), no curries and only eat healthy. I have 6 small meals in a day and try to eat lots of proteins. Also usually exercise atleat 45min to 1 hr a day be it stationary bike or walking. Overall in these 4 weeks I have lost 8kgs so far.

I got a protein shake from GNC, its isowhey protein - minimal carbs n fats n high in proteins - I usually have it in the afternoon 1 serve is about 100 cals, Egg whites are good too, watermelons, Tuna (water based), Fat free yogurt, frozen yogurt bars, Chickpea Salad, even few almonds are great. My dietician recommended me almonds and asked to stay away from peanuts, she even said that during snack time, the shaved chicken breast that we get in the deli section in supermarkets is great coz its high in proteins. I love the steamed fish from Birds Eye frozen food. I usually try to eat 1 small can of Tuna as a snack everyday.

If you happen to like lentil soup then you can get lentils from any Indian supermarket n make lentil soup at home, I make it at home totally oil free with vegies. It tastes yummy n filling too. Also lentils being pulses are high in proteins. I use Cayenne pepper for seasoning.

Try to get on the Calorie King website, they have great info on the calories and nutritional breakdown of various foods. I hope this info helps, all of this is from my personal experience from last 4 weeks. I would be very interested in getting more healthy food ideas as well.

Good Luck with your weight loss journey!

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:52 pm

babylove wrote:Hey Chubbs
Well done on the loss! Watermelon and grapes are good suggestions to get some more calories.
Good luck.

I agree. These two will never fail you. Healthy way of getting sexier! :)
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg

Postby hummingbird01 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:28 pm

hi there! i just joined the boards, and i think our goals and methods might be a bit similar. maybe we can support and encourage each other> I havent got a script for duromine yet but will be soon! hope all is going well for you :)

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 pm

I love grapes and watermelon and try to eat them as much as I can!

Return to Introductions