It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi all, new here!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all, new here!

Postby butterfly82 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm 29 and need to lose quite a few kgs. One of the worse parts for me I find is the fact I work in a supermarket...I'm surrounded by temptation all the time as a result. Does anyone else work in supermarkets, how do they get past these temptations? I'm going to go out and buy a notebook today and keep a weight loss journal as of tomorrow (the start of 2012). Will be joining a local gym soon too. And I guess I better utilise more of the Wii fitness games collection my partner (also wanting to lose weight) and I have acculumated and let gather dust!

Look forward to getting to know you all and participating and going on this weight loss journey together! My goal is to fit into a really nice wedding dress (no wedding date has been set yet) and be able to run after future kids without huffing and puffing because I'm so unfit!

Happy New Year to all! :D
butterfly82

Re: Hi all, new here!

Postby chelsclint » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Happy New Year to you too! I cant imagine how hard it would be working in a shopping centre... I have enough trouble when i do my weekly shop! lol
I cant help you with tips on work but I do have the same goal... the perfect wedding dress and to be a better mum to my daughter before shes all grown up!
how is your new Year Resolution going so far?
chelsclint

Re: Hi all, new here!

Postby butterfly82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi chelsclint, thanks for the reply, was starting to think this forum is not active anymore! :)

It's almost one week since the new year begun and I've been a good girl, been enjoying my daily walks each evening...am so lucky to live near a park with a big walking trail around a lake...gives me the motivation I need as perfect surroundings! Plus we have a dog, so take him with us as well.

Good luck with getting the perfect wedding dress, you can do it too! :)

butterfly82

Return to Introductions