It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

2012 - It's Time!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

2012 - It's Time!

Postby Lisa2012 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi, thanks for reading my post. I'm a 46 year old mum and have a lot of kgs to lose. I've never been involved in a weightloss forum before but figure that even though I feel alone in this fight to lose weight, I'm not the only one out there. I'm hoping to find motivation and really to make myself accountable instead of being in denial. I've got so many reasons to wake up and get serious about losing this weight which has come and gone for most of my life, but the main reason would be my son.

So this is my first step, joining this forum. I look forward to hearing from anyone who is in the same boat as I am, has made it out of that boat or anyone who just needs a diet buddy. It would be great to share stories, problems, ideas etc but most of all to share success with someone.

This is it for me ....... It's time.

Lisa :)
Lisa2012

Re: 2012 - It's Time!

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Hi Lisa and welcome.
I was in that boat but am out of it now. It takes work but it is SO worth the effort.
Have you said yet that you can't believe how quickly last year went? It was New Year's eve 2010 and all of a sudden it was New Year's eve 2011. Before you know it a year will have past and you will be smaller and healthier than now!

Good luck in your goals!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Lisa2012 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks Metalcharm for your post.

You're right about how quickly last year went. I really appreciate your support.

Lisa :)
Lisa2012

Postby lmffph » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi Lisa

I think I might be your boat buddy. I also need to lose an absolute crap load of weight.

I'm fed u of making excuses and have decided that 2012 is going top be my year for getting my self back together and getting to a size and shape that I want to be.

My first day back at work tomorrow, and the diet and exercise regime starts then. 1200 calories a day (and I'm amazed at how much I can eat within that range) and starting off on the exercise slowly and surely (walking and rowing for a total of 30mins a day, building up to something more substantial).

Just read a book that's really helped me - called Suddenly Skinny. I got it from amazon and downloaded it via the Kindle app. Highly recommend it.

Happy to help with motivation (always more able to motivate others rather than myself) and keeping you to task, if you're willing to keep on my oversized a$$ as well!!

I reckon we can do this!!!!

Cheers
Fiona
Short term goal

SW - 131.5kg on 2/1/2012
New SW - 125.1 on 19/11/2012
GW - 70-80kg

INTERIM GOALS
125kg - 19/11/2012
120kg -
115kg -
110kg -
105kg -
100kg -
lmffph

Postby warnout » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi Lisa and Fiona,

I think you have another one for that boat... hope it's not a tinny!

Had big birthday a couple of months ago - 50 and always said I won't be fat and fifty but that wasn't motivation enough even warnings from the GP about type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure didn't do it. But I found some photos that were taken a couple of years ago and thought "what am I doing" so now this is going to be the year. I have set myself some small goals as I have always looked at the weight to be lost as a whole and it has been overwhelming so 12kgs by the 17 March 2012; my brother is remarrying in the USA. I have the new walking shoes and following a calorie controlled diet.
This is the first time I have been involved with a forum and have been quite motivated reading other people's posts. Not only motivating but in some ways putting yourself out there makes you feel accountable to do it.

So minimum 30 minute exercise each day, watching and counting the food with a food diary, weigh in once a week and don't give up if I have a "bad" day whilst keeping in touch with like minded people for motivation. :)

We can do this... it is the right time..

cheers
Cindy

SW - 107 kgs
CW - 103 kgs
GW - 67 kgs
warnout

Postby Lisa2012 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi Cindy and Fiona

I think we have a great team going here. Would love to be your boat buddy :D.

We can do this - Week 1 here we come!!

Cheers
Lisa
Lisa2012

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Welcome to all of you!

Best of luck with your weightloss plans, 2012 is going to be the year that we all get fit and healthy!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby lmffph » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Cindy.

Welcome!

I'm doing the same as your- counting what I eat and exercising at least 30 mins a day.

I've been using My Net Diary. You can sign up for free online and they have a free iPhone app. They've also got a number of paid options as well.

So today I ate 1272 cals (72 over my target) but I burned 280 cals leaving me with a balance of 208. Yay - go me!!!

The only bad bit today has been between 4:30 and 6:30pm. Found myself really really hungry and quite irritable.

I even -shock horror- made it to the local gym this evening!!!! Planing to go every night even if I just go for a 15 minute walk. At least I'm going!

Looking forward to hearing how you're getting on!

F
Short term goal

SW - 131.5kg on 2/1/2012
GW - 70-80kg

INTERIM GOALS
125kg - 19/11/2012
120kg -
115kg -
110kg -
105kg -
100kg -
lmffph

Postby Lisa2012 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi Fiona and Cindy

Have added you to friend's list, hope that's ok.

L
Lisa2012

Postby warnout » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi Fiona and Lisa,

I have also added you as friends - easier to keep in touch - hope that's okay too.

Fiona - you have had a great day, congrates on the gym, afraid at this point for me it's walking the local streets, can't bring myself to the gym yet...
and thanks for the My Net Diary, will be very handy and can jump online during the day while at work and quickly fill it in - that way I won't "accidently" forget anything that passes the lips. :)

I have also popped the Calorie King app on my ipod which so far has been excellent, the Aus. version has had everything I have needed so far - I'm currently trialing 1400 but if the weight isn't moving quick enough I'll go down to 1200 calories. Made a pot of vegie soup yesterday which seems strange with the very hot weather we have had but i always feel full having this at lunchtime and gets me through the afternoon, my trouble seems to be at night needing something/s sweet, told the family tonight "no more chocolate in the house" so will see how that pans out!!

Have a couple of busy days coming up so good luck, good eating and enjoy the exercise and will see how you are travelling on the weekend.

Cin

SW - 107 kgs
CW - 103 kgs
GW - 67 kgs
warnout

Postby warnout » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Just discovered I can pop the Net Dairy on my iPod - even better :D
(Don't have an iPhone :? )

SW - 107 kgs
CW - 103 kgs
GW - 67 kgs
warnout

Postby lmffph » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Posting from my phone - sorry for any spelling errors etc!

So it's day 4 (or something like that) and I'm losing track of the days already. I think that's a good sign because the last time... Wait... Every single other time (!!) I've been on a diet I've known exactly what day I'm at!

Missed the gym last night. Was planning to go but decided to have a bit of a breather and start off easy. I also HATE HATE HATE the gym so going is a big event. I've found a way to do it though - found an ugly persons gym! By that I mean a crusty, old, non franchise, gym. The one I go to (in a northern suburb of Melbourne) is a 1/4 of the price of my previous gym. It's open almost 24/7 and is really for serious weight lifters and boxers. It's got a women's only section which - so far - has been empty. I'd recommend finding a similar gym to any other gym haters. I'm finding much easier to go there without feeling like all the 'gym trendies' are staring at me thinking 'ha ha look at the fattie!'

With my food choices I'm also managing well. Used that my net diary thingy to put in (in dates in December) what I'd normally eat. I think I was consuming around 3000 calories, maybe more. Hilariously (in an ironic way) the largest part of my calorie consumption was from making food at home instead of buying ready made stuff. My homemade pizza has 2.5 times the calories of a store bought one. I had no idea!!!!

With my new eating plan I'm having:
Brekkie
Boiled egg on 1 piece of wholemeal bread
Nespresso coffee made with smarter white milk

Lunch
Salad with chicken breast
OR
toasted sandwich with ham and low fat cheese

Dinner
Lamb or chicken with seasoning
Serve of cous cous.

I'm probably eating 1/3 of what I was previously and I'm feeling full so that shows you much many wasted calories I was having a day!!

Still making everything at home. Bought a set of digital scales so I can get measurements right.

As for the gym I'm doing a mix of cardio and weights. Do a google search for weight training and weight loss. Some of the info about weight lifting being a very good way of weight loss is interesting. I'd always just done walking or running but this time I'm throwing weights into the mix as well.

Sticking to m plan of a weekly weigh in, however... Weighed myself on 01/01/12 - 131.5kg. Weighed myself yesterday - 129kg. Expect weight to fluctuate quite a bit day to day so not sure I'll get much lower than that. Still a very promising sign.

How you guys going???
Short term goal

SW - 131.5kg on 2/1/2012
GW - 70-80kg

INTERIM GOALS
125kg - 19/11/2012
120kg -
115kg -
110kg -
105kg -
100kg -
lmffph

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping there may still be some room in the boat for me??

I need to lose about 50kg and am just starting out today.

Will have to find some calorie counters and diaries to ensure I stick to a limit and also need to figure out some exercise plans.

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Lisa2012 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Vicki, Cindy and Fiona

Plenty of room for you Vicki, more than welcome in the boat. :)

Ok, so this is what I have been doing over the last few days:

- Having a Special K breakfast with skim milk usually with a piece of fruit - banana at the moment.
- Have been so busy lately I haven't stopped for morning tea but I did have two jelly babies this morning from my husband's lolly jar. I think we have to get rid of that or hide it. He's tall and thin and has never struggled with his weight so he's one of the lucky ones.
- Lunch has usually been a salad of some kind with chicken or tuna.
- Dinner has been light such as a stirfry or salad.

I really hate the gym as well so can relate to that. My new dance exercise dvd with none other than Richard Simmons arrived today so will let you know how I go. At least I can jump around without worrying if anyone is looking at me - my hubby and son always look at me funny so that's nothing new :).

Will be jumping on the scales on Sunday so will let you know how I go.

It's great sharing with you all.

Take care.

Lisa
Lisa2012

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:55 pm

lmffph wrote:Posting from my phone - sorry for any spelling errors etc!

I also HATE HATE HATE the gym so going is a big event. I've found a way to do it though - found an ugly persons gym! By that I mean a crusty, old, non franchise, gym. The one I go to (in a northern suburb of Melbourne) is a 1/4 of the price of my previous gym. It's open almost 24/7 and is really for serious weight lifters and boxers. It's got a women's only section which - so far - has been empty. I'd recommend finding a similar gym to any other gym haters. I'm finding much easier to go there without feeling like all the 'gym trendies' are staring at me thinking 'ha ha look at the fattie!'

Good on you!!! .... I went to the gym and asked when was the fat people times??? I tried to explain that I did not want to be standing beside someone who looked like a supermodel and they said - no you just come anytime... I went at a few different times and always really skinny people there so felt very self concious struggling on the machines. Ended up cancelling membership :( Can't afford it at the moment now anyway, so will just do what I can...

I am going to go for a walk this afternoon - which will be the first exercise I have done in a LONG time... Am hoping I will walk each day even if only for 30 minutes.
Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Next

Return to Introductions