It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Alot to lose!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Alot to lose!

Postby chelsclint » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:07 am

Hi All, my name is Chelsie and i found this site yesterday. I am 33 years old and have a massive 90kgs to lose! I know this is a huge amount of weight to lose and will take a long time but Im finally set to do it.
Three years ago i was hit by a car in a shopping centre car park and fractured my spine, hip and pelvis... the weight has piled on ever since and Ive made so many excuses as to why i cant fix it but now Im realising that if I dont do something serious soon.. I wont live to see my daughter grow up and she needs me!
My excuses have included,,, its the medication, its the PCOS its the back injury, its because the sky is blue... yes these things dont help but if im really honest its only got so bad because I eat badly and dont do anything!
On November 26th 2011 my beautiful partner proposed to me and although I was over the moon my first thoughts were,,, i cant get married.... no one is taking my photo and i certainly aint wearing a big white dress, i dont want people looking at me!
I know that the health aspect should be enough to make me want to lose weight but it hasnt been... for the first time I really want to do this for me.
I have finally joined a gym and spoken to them about my illness' and injuries and have a trainer who is helping me with what i can do despite my back. Yesterday I had my first 45 minute session with Matt and i ache all over but I AM going to get up today and go back!
I think this website is an awesome idea and it would be really nice to have someone who understands the struggles of being overweight... my friends and partner are great but they just dont understand how it feels to struggle to do your shoes up or put a sock on... the simple things.
I really hope you all reach your goals no matter how much or little you need to lose.... Goodluck and Happy 2012.. make it your year! xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvldqub/]
chelsclint

Re: Alot to lose!

Postby lmffph » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Hey Chelsie

I'm another Melbournite on a mission to lose 60+kgs.

My partner also proposed in November so I'm on the lose eight before the wedding band wagon as well.

I've ALSO been coming up with every excuse under the sun and it's not good enough any more.

I've dragged myself to the gym twice now - hurting like anything but seeing the pain as a good thing.

looking forward to watching your progress!!

Fiona
Short term goal

SW - 131.5kg on 2/1/2012
New SW - 125.1 on 19/11/2012
GW - 70-80kg

INTERIM GOALS
125kg - 19/11/2012
120kg -
115kg -
110kg -
105kg -
100kg -
lmffph

Postby chelsclint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:58 am

Hi Fiona... its funny how much we have in c ommon... Congrats on the Engagement too!
I had my third gym session today and although the top half is fine the bottom is in alot of pain! my partner keeps laughing at me whenever i try to get off the couch... they assure me it will get easier but im not so sure when lol.
I look forward to hearing about your adventures too... how often are you planning on going to the gym... have you changed your eating or doing one at a time?
My trainer yold me to go and buy Almonds and green tea, apparently the Almonds will help repair muscles and the green tea will help with weight loss,,, have you tried that?
Goodluck Fiona and keep in touch!
chelsclint

Postby chelsclint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Im so excited this morning, my daughter got a motion something or rather for her PS3 for Christmas and bought two games called Dance party and Just dance 3.... For the first time since she was a toddler (shes 13 now) I actually got off the couch and did it with her! ( well tried)
Ok, i was really really bad and nearly knocked her over several times and couldnt really keep up with the dancers on the tv but its a workout, its good fun and more importantly my daughter and I really bonded for the first time in a long time. Im so used to her being embarrassed by me that Id forgotten what it was like to have fun together. It made me realise that doing this weightloss thing so I can have the perfect wedding is nothing in comparison to being able to have my relationship with my daughter back, she has grown up so quickly and for the first ten years it was just the two of us and we were best friends.
About three years it all changed when she asked me to stop going to school events because kids were picking on hre because I was fat,,, I was devasted but i understood and even though i swore id lose weight then... it actually cut me so deep it did the exact opposite and i put on about another 15kg since then. Our relationship has been rocky ever since.
SOOOOOO before i start babbling all over again, my point is, i realised lastnight how much she wants this too,,, how much she still needs her mum and shes made me promise ill do the PS3 dance game with her every few nights and no matter how much it kills me or how embarrassing it feels trying... seeing her laugh makes it worth while..... she is my new Inspiration!
chelsclint

Postby lmffph » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey!!!

Totally changed both my eating and my exercise.

New eating plan is 1200 cals a day. Discovered that I can keep things like (low fat) cheese by reducing my portion sizes. That way I'm still getting all the tastes that I love but still lose weight.

Gym is 3-4 times a week. Combination of cardio and weights. I've done my own workout using online resources. I'm working myself hard so that I'm sore the next day, but not so bad that I can barely move. On the days I'm not doing the gym I'm still going to the gym but just walking on the treadmill, even just walking for 15 minutes.

Heard about both almonds and green tea, but I'm not a fan of either.

F
Short term goal

SW - 131.5kg on 2/1/2012
GW - 70-80kg

INTERIM GOALS
125kg - 19/11/2012
120kg -
115kg -
110kg -
105kg -
100kg -
lmffph

Postby chelsclint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi fi,
yeah im beginning to see im not a fan of Almonds of green tea either but im gonna try and see how I go...they almonds i can handle but the green makes me feel ill.

You are really good with the gym, takes alot of determination... how long have you been doing this? im starting with three days a week atm and then doing things at home the other days, im finding school holidays make it a little harder to get to the gym as Rob is at work and i dont like leaving my daughter by herself for long.

I love cheese too, my weakness is dairy and ofcourse the only dairy i dont like is the healthiest, yoghurt... cant stand it!

I bought a heap of fruit today and usually i dont really enjoy fruit but when youve not eaten anything but bland diet food for a week fruit is suprisingly sweet and tasty.

Talk soon
Chelsie
chelsclint

Postby lmffph » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:14 pm

try Pu-erh tea. its a chinese tea and also help with weightloss. i find it much better than green tea.

i get my tea from a tea shop at Melbourne Central, but i know you can get it pretty much any chinese grocery store. it's the same tea that they serve at chinese restaurants and dumpling houses. basically (as it was explained to me) is that it flushes fatty deposits out of your system, and i think it helps with cholestorol as well.

as for the almonds thing - it's the protein and vitamin e in the almonds that help. you can get the same asssitance from other protein rich foods if that's what your after.

sorry that you're finding your diet balnd. what are you eating? For the first time I'm finding this diet I'm on pretty easy to stick to. Previously I'd always struggled because I couildn't hack the diet side of things. SO this time I'm just sticking to this low calorie diet and keeping note of every single thing that goes into my mouth. It's a real eye opener.

As for the gym, I've realised that whenever I get bored I eat. I found myself saying "i'm hungry" what what I actually meant was "I'm bored". So as soon as I find myself saying "i'm hungry" in the evening, I take myself off to the gym. Food for me is, I've discovered, a habit. I'm just trying to find ways to break that habit.

I stopped smoking cold turkey a few years ago in much the same way. Now I simply cannot stand to be around cigarettes. I'm approaching my eating and gym habits in much the same way. hopefully it work.

I've been on this health kick for only a week so far - hopefullly I can stick it out!

F
Short term goal

SW - 131.5kg on 2/1/2012
GW - 70-80kg

INTERIM GOALS
125kg - 19/11/2012
120kg -
115kg -
110kg -
105kg -
100kg -
lmffph

Postby chelsclint » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi Fi,,,

Im sticking to really basic stuff, yoghurt, salad, nuts, fruit, lean meat. The problem is im a really really fussy eater so it rules alot out. The only salad i eat is lettuce carrot and beetroot so it really makes it hard.
I am allergic to onion which rules out alot of diet recipes and i cant stand tomato or mushroom so dieting for me is really hard.
I have tried the shakes but im lactose intolerant and although most of them arent milk based they still set my stomach off. For some reason i can tolerate a small amound of yoghurt but i dont really like it, im trying to convince myself that i enjoy it lol

As for the Almonds im not sure what in particular the trainer told me to take them for, something about it helps mend the muscles and stuff when you are just starting out with excercise.

I really need to train myself to eat more, its really bad... hmmm might make that my challenge for next week!

Goodluck xx
chelsclint

Return to Introductions