It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:56 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm new want some advise

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm new want some advise

Postby Magicalwill1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi finally admitting I've got a problem controlling my weight.
I'm a male,26,6ft 3,built like a rugby player but cuddly if that makes sense?
I have always had trouble controlling my weight and the last few years has been very hard me emotionally and I feel that I am standing upon a knife edge. I know I need to do something about my life style but seem to be incapable of keeping on the straight and narrow.
Personally I think its best to tell people why I find this hard so here is a quick hist;
Three years ago my mother died of a heart attack she was just 54 I was 22, after her death I fell into a depression witch had a knock on effect that my relationship with my partner also failed, I have not had the confidence to get into another relationship since. I have since put on around 4st so currently weigh about 22st 6 (316ilbs). Using a standard bmi I get a score of 40, I believe this to misleading as due to my build/muscle percentage.
What I believe I need is some help and support to motivate me to loose weight
I don't mind people adding me via Facebook as I see this a potential advantage in keeping communication.
This is my facebook profile, I'm more than happy for people to view/add me.
Regards Will :)

Re: Hi I'm new want some advise

Postby chelsclint » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Will,,, sorry to hear about your loss but congrats on taking your first step to changing things, its always a hard thing to do. Ive been dieting on and off for about 15 years but this time ive been on it for just over two weeks. Im severely overweight and it took a proposal to make me realised i need to move the lard and quick! Logging on here was a good move, I cant believe how friendly and helpful total strangers have been in the three days ive been a member.
What are you doing to try and help with your weightloss, Gym, home training, diet program etc?
Goodluck mate xx

Postby äirly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Will,

Sorry to hear about the rough time you've had in the past few years.

Depression/emotional eating/being overweight is a complicated and convoluted issue. I'm not at all equipped to hand out advice on the matter, but I do hope that as you take better care of yourself you can help mend more than just your body.

Sending some good luck your way!
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)

Postby babylove » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 pm

hi i totally understand the knock on effect, the grief etc. i gained after my baby son was diagnosed with a chronic illness. you will find plenty of people fall into depression after accidents and things also.
Pls keep logging in for support, check into the personal progress thread and consider keeping a journal. All possible therapy - as losing weight is not just about DOING its whats mentally going on too.

take care.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5

Return to Introductions