It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:25 pm

Free Newsletter

New and in need of a smile

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and in need of a smile

Postby PennyLane » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:58 am

Hi,

I've just started my journey to weight loss after a tough end to the previous year. While I have always been a little bigger in size, I have never been as big as I am now and I just feel horrible!

I discovered I had a melanoma last year which required a lot of surgery in the past few months, next thing I know I jump on the scales and have packed it on due to not being able to exercise. I've come from one bad place to another...

So here I am!

I currently weigh in at 89kg (I am completely disgusted in myself) and am 174cm tall.

I joined the gym on Monday, and have since worked out there and begun doing Zumba at home.

My boyfriend is skinny, and I just feel so unattractive around him at the moment that it's really getting to me. He, of course says I'm beautiful and won't have a bar of it. But relationships are hard when your self conscious, you know?

If anyone has some encouraging words I would love to hear them. While the past few days I have been positive about my venture, my weigh in this morning has caused a sleep-less night and has put me in a real down and out mood.
Is it normal to feel this horrible about it all?

Hoping some of your kind words can help me!

PennyLane x
PennyLane

Re: New and in need of a smile

Postby babylove » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:24 am

Hi and welcome. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have been thru a real ordeal, nurture your mind some! The weight loss will come. I relate tp wanting to look good for my husband. I didn't feel we were equals...I didn't feel good after having my babies. Good luck.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby PennyLane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words babylove, it's already perked me up a bit :)

I have exercised every day this week and just got back from a 45 minute cardio session at the gym. Dripping in sweat and hoping I can drop this weight if I keep it up!

It is really hard when you feel inadequate to your partner... I can completely understand where you're coming from there. I'm hoping in no time I will feel as beautiful as he says I am!

Nice to have some encouraging words- thanks again babylove!

Also, how do I get one of those goal things at the bottom of my page? Thinking it might be a good motivator!

x
PennyLane

Postby babylove » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Sounds like you are determined, and working hard. You will get there! Type into a search engine...weight loss tickers... Then get the code it generate s and add it to your signature on this forum via your user control panel.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby blackbird » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:57 am

Welcome to the forum Penny! I'm new here as well, and methinks it's a good move to join a weight loss forum cos you meet people who share the same goals. So glad you're here. Found it very helpful to be here and reading people's posts.

I'm not 'pep talk' person (I'm a bloke) but one thing I have learned for myself just very recently that I can't beat myself up too much, but learn to have self-respect and love myself, ya know? I've had a negative self-image but it wasn't like someone actually told me I look bad, even with being overweight and all. I guess we're all our own worst self-critics ae. We imagine all this things in our head, and the worst is that we actually believe them, so it becomes facts.

Just remember, nobody on the face of this earth can make you feel inferior without your permission :) I'm dead cert you boyfriend is madly attracted to you! You just gotta believe that (Coming from a bloke)! Having developed a positive attitude recently has taken me places, in this case, it has significantly helped me lose weight like you won't believe! I am convinced it will take you places as well.
blackbird

Postby PennyLane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:11 am

Hey Blackbird!

Wow. Thank you so much for your words! I don't know what it was about your message but it has really put me in a positive mind frame. Your'e completely right, no one can put me down unless I'm the one who enables it. Such a positive outlook!

And thank you, my boyfriend is madly attracted to me, I know this. And I know it really pisses him off when I say otherwise or am insecure.

So I'm going to take your worldly advice on board and amp up the positivity, it can only help right?

Congrats on your weight loss so far! It's no wonder you've been successful with such a great attitude.

Also, I hope your username is a Beatles reference- because mine certainly is :)

Oh and I weighed myself this morning and have lost a kilo already!

Chat soon,
PennyLane
PennyLane

Postby PennyLane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:16 am

Thanks for the tip babylove!

I'm setting up my weightloss ticker now :)
PennyLane

Postby PennyLane » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:30 am

Got my ticker going! (Obviously haha).
PennyLane

Postby blackbird » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:42 am

PennyLane wrote:
Congrats on your weight loss so far! It's no wonder you've been successful with such a great attitude.

Also, I hope your username is a Beatles reference- because mine certainly is :)

Oh and I weighed myself this morning and have lost a kilo already!

Chat soon,
PennyLane

AH. Another Beatles fan! I saw your name but it never occurred to me that it was a Beatles song til u mentioned it!

Hey and well done on your weight loss now and the many more kilos that you'll eventually lose and many more happiness that you will gain!

keep us posted. Be happy. :D
blackbird

Return to Introductions