It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:30 am

Free Newsletter

i really need help!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

i really need help!!!!!!!

Postby bea06 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:20 pm

hi my name is bea. im almost 21 yrs old. im a mum of an 18 mth old son. im planning to get married 30th november next yr. but i am 25 kgs over weight and all the wedding dresses i like are too small for me. i really want to lose the weight but i dont know how.

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 pm

Hay don't put your self down. We all feel that way once in a while - instead of having that feeling - use it as a tool in your weightloss. I was nealy 20 kilos over weight after my second child - and I am still fighting a battle with my weight - one which I will win I assure you. Losing weight is not easy - but what a fantastic goal you have set for yourself - to get healthy for your upcoming wedding - congratulations on that (I chose November as a wedding month for myself over 13 years ago!!) Use this forum, listen to the advice the ladies give you - they are all in the same boat as you - wanting to lose weight. Ask for advice when you need it - look at the inspirational before and after photos (you too will be one of those!!) and never be afraid to tell us how you really feel. A big welcome to you :lol:
2008 - my year to be great!!

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:49 am

Firstly Hi Bea and welcome to the forum!! It is lovely to have you on board and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! We have a few brides-to-be on here!!

I agree with Sassy, don't put yourself down mate, the most important key to weight loss success is self acceptance, a positive attitude and determination...I notice in your signature you have fat and ugly written down...ask yourself do you really hate yourself, or just your appearance??

A good place for you to start is to keep a food diary. Write down everything that passes your lips each day for a couple of weeks and see what you are eating. The second step is to start removing any junk food from your diet. You can still have these things as a treat. Drink 2L of water a day.

Don't be afraid to ask questions here as we all offer great advice!! Are you just going to "go it alone"?? There are many of us here that do it (I am one of them). Have a look around the boards as there are a lot of people on different programs that offer advice on the programs they are all may help you make a decision on how you want to lose the weight.

Stay positive and keep focused and you will lose the weight!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:00 am

Hi Bea welcome to the group :)Image

dont put yourself down mate, we all get like that sometimes but you need to stay positive and you will fit into the wedding dress of your dreams!- especially with determination and with lots of support :) aka us!
my name is kate and i am 21 years old and i have a nearly 1 year old daughter. it took me about 8 months to get off my backside after having her and doing something about my weight. i ahve been engaged for over 2 years and i still havent organised a wedding or set a date! grab yourself a funky ticker to keep you motivated and feel free to join in the forums where and when you feel comfortable. there are lots of tips on the forum to help you lose that weight. once you start eating more healthy options and upping your exercise im sure you will see some results!
best wishes and we are always here for you!

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 am

Welcome aboard!

The others have given some great advice above.

Just remember to take it one step at a time - make small changes that you can sustain, and the weight will come off slowly - and stay off!

Try to get some daily exercise in, and start watching what you eat.. ask any questions on here that you need!

Best of luck :D

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:12 am

Hello Bea and welcome to the forum.

If you are unsure where to start have a good read of everything on the :arrow: home page as there is plenty of advice, weightloss articles, tools and tips to help you get going on your journey. Also we can help you as much as we can right here in the forum, so feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Losing 25kgs in 12 months is certainly achieveable and can be done at a nice slow and steady rate which is great for long term weight loss and can establish the lasting habits we all need to maintain for life.

It saddens me that you have 'fat and ugly' as part of your signature. You are working on the 'fat' part or you wouldn't be here and I don't believe for one moment that you are ugly. Perhaps you could focus on something about yourself that you really like for your signature such as 'proud Mum of one' or 'beautiful bride-to-be' or even a motivational quote that gets you fired up. These are just suggestions of course you can have there whatever you like and I am sure many of us on here have called ourselves the same thing at one time or another...I know I have. However, it is hard enough in this world being overweight without putting yourself down as well.

I wish you every success on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Dollface » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:20 am

Welcome Bea!

Best of luck on your journey to weightloss!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:19 pm

Welcome Bea!
I'm also getting hitched in 2008 and it IS possible to lose the weight, although it can be hard.

Have faith though and don't be scared to get the advice and support you will need!!

I look forward to seeing you in the forum.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:42 pm

HI Bea and welcome to the forums . Dont be so hard on yourself mate . The guys and gals here are a great support network and are here any time u need us , Feel free to join in the discussions
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Green_Butterfly » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Hey Bea. It's so hard to be in the frame of mind to lose weight and treat your body right when you have horrible feelings about yourself isn't it? I think the first thing you could do is just write down all the great things which you LIKE (or dare say LOVE!) about your body, appearence, personality- and then start to think about how being fit and more in shape would just enhance every aspect of you, and your life. Then at least you can tackle this in a positive way instead of thinking "oh no, i need to lose weight in a certain amount of time, im so fat and ugly" (which I have gone into diets thinking like that SO many times, and failed)
I know I havn't really tackled anything actually to do with food or exercise, but I think your mental outlook is just as an important factor in being successful. Best of luck! I'm thinking of you, you can do it! :D

Life's a garden, dig it!!!

Postby Fairie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:28 pm

Welcome to the forum Bea :)

I think you will find everyone here a great help they are so supportive but can I just say one thing. A good mental attitude is the best tool in our weightloss journey so to give yourself a chance would you consider changing your quote.

Seeing FAT AND UGLY on your signature everytime you write a post would be so depressing. :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:14 am

Green Butterfly and Fairie are spot on.

I was amazed that it was an increase in self esteem that helped my weight loss, not the other way around. The better I felt about myself, the more I got out and lived life and was positive which helped me be able to get out and do the things I needed to to lose weight.

When self esteem is rock bottom, nothing seems possible which makes a challenge like weight loss very difficult. And it's not just a matter of "snapping" out of it.

Listing all the things you love is a good start. Maybe find someone you know who has a real positive vibe and hang around with them more and try to do what they do in life (this worked for me via my bloke). when you're feeling insecure, take a supportive friend with you and do something to get out there, set yourself achievable goals and reach them - there is nothing that makes you feel better than to say "hey, I accomplished X goal".

We are always here and can support you when you feel down - how does the song go?

Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on. For it won't be long till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions