It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Free Newsletter

New Start Again.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New Start Again.

Postby teddybear17 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 pm

:oops: Well here I go again, always seem to be starting again. Tomorrow is my first day taking Duromine 30g, am hoping that it will help kick me along, have read so many good stories on here about people taking it, although my doctor has told me that it does not work for everyone. At least I know that my blood pressure is normal, and for someone my weight that is really good. Going to a shopping centre later to weigh, went to the one I used to go to last year, and they have removed their scales. I am thinking I am around 150kgs, and at 165cm is morbidly obese. I am a 51 year old woman, married with 4 adult children and one beautiful grandchild. I am doing this again for me, my husband and I want to travel more now, and lugging myself around is a struggle, feet and ankles ache and so do legs and back, get really puffed out going up stairs and am so slow coming down that I hold people up behind me.
Please help me with my journey, and I will encourage and support you as well. :D
Will post again when I have finished my first day and know my exact weight so that I can get a ticker going.

This is my first major goal.
Next one is to get under 80kgs.
Finally, somewhere around 60kgs.
teddybear17

Re: New Start Again.

Postby SugarandSpice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi Teddybear17,

Welcome!!
I can relate to the starting again as well.... This is my first time here, but certainly not the first time I have tried to lose weight. I am also taking duromine (well -metermine is the same thing). Tomorrow will be my second weigh in - so will be interesting to see if I have achieved anything this week? I too, have read many success stories, but am thinking I may be one of the people who find it not as successful and just need to work harder at my goal.

I will be happy to help you in any way I can.

Take Care
Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby teddybear17 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Thank you, your first week was good, I am sure the really big losses are not the norm. My dr told me that I have to walk each day as well. Good luck for tomorrow :)
teddybear17

Postby teddybear17 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Hello again, well going fine so far, no BIG loss last week, but 2.2 kgs will do me, not what some people are losing on duromine, but a loss is a good start. I have not had any side effects at all, and have also cut out caffeine, drinking lots of green tea with no sugar or sweetener. Weigh in again in 2 days so hopefully another good loss. Good luck to everyone else

teddybear17

Postby SugarandSpice » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 am

Hi teddybear17

That's a great loss. I know it can be a bit disappointing as you read about how much some people are losing on duromine and have high hopes. I only lost 2kg the first week and since then have only lost 80g and 300g in the following weeks and I think I am workign hard at it so am disappointed in that. My Dr however says that any loss is positive and to keep working at it - so I am!!

Still no side affects for me either and only have a couple of tablets left. Seeing as they haven't meant huge weight loss for me - I am going to go without for a few weeks and see if I am still losing without them save myself some $$ otherwise if I stall I will go back and ask for more?

Keep up the great work!

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Welcome back Teddie, we have similar goals in that I need to get fitter to travel, my goal before that is the birth of my first grandchild in August. My loss may not seem that huge to some but I have other health issues which hinder me as well, so it is not that easy. I love coming here, gaining information and sharing, not something I have done before.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby teddybear17 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:11 pm

thanks to both of you, well sugar and spice, I only lost 200g this week, but my clothes are showing a bigger difference than that, so will have to wait and see what next week brings. I am also thinking that I will try without the duromine for a while if I don't lose much the next two weeks, and my doctor did say that she would not prescribe it again if it did not work for me. Walking now, and doing it quite easily for someone my size, and should be able to walk around in Hong Kong ok, so we will both keep at it and see. :D

teddybear17

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:59 pm

well done on the loss - I know how disappointing it can seem - but it is great if you can notice the difference in your clothes!! :D

I finally got around to buying a tape measure today as I am sure there is a difference other than the 300g the scales tell me about!!

You are doing excellent with the walking - keep up the great work!!
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I meant to ask you what calorie intake you are on?

I told my Dr that I was eating about 1400 cal a day - which is what myfitnesspal recommended and he said that was not enough and I should be eating 2000 cal/day??
SugarandSpice

Return to Introductions