It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 am

Free Newsletter

Evening everyone.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Evening everyone.

Postby KMac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey there!
So I'm new at this and a bit unsure what to do.... So I thought I'd just say hi and let you all know why I'm here.

I'm Krys.
A 22 year old South Australian.
My story basically goes like this, Ive always been a tad over weight since I started high school. I had a lot of time in the car to and from school everyday, over 4 hours in total. I spent a lot of that time eating and reading books. The reading continued after school as well so I became a little shy and withdrawn.
When I turned 15 I bought myself a horse. One of the best things I ever did. I did lose a fair amount of weight and became pretty fit. My family wasn't very suportive so at age 17 I gave my horse away because I was studding too much and didn't have time for my horse.
Again I became withdrawn. I finished high school. Went to uni. Hated the city so, I left and moved to Darwin.
Again I lost weight, mostly because food was so expensive lol.
After a year I moved home and met my husband. It wasn't long before we moved in together.... That's when I really started to put on weight. He's a wonderful cook but he's a big man that loves his meat and potatoes... Needless to say I also enjoy them =)
We got married in 2010 and I was about a size 16. I was pretty happy with myself but looking at the photos now I feel like I should have done more before the wedding =(
Anyway, we got pregnant with in weeks of the wedding and now we've got a beautiful 7 month old baby girl. I had issues with my pregnancy has I live on a country area and they would not deliver me because I was "high risk". They said my BMI was too high and that they weren't equipped for some one my size. That really upset me as I was feeling really good about myself until then. I'd lost weight in the first trimester and was smaller at 3 months then I had been before.
So after I had AJ I lost a lot of weight and was feeling great about myself. I was wearing clothes I hadn't worn in two years! But then it all went pear shaped. I got really sick, had to have an opperation and couldn't breast feed. Then I began gaining weight. In the last four months I've put on close to 20kg!!
As of today I've dicided to turn my life around and be a good role model for my daughter.
Sorry if this is long and drawn out but I feel like this is something I needed to do to point me in the right direction.

As of today I aim to lose 30kg to get my life back.

Hope this all makes sends coz I can't be bothered to go back and re read it to check it =D sorry you poor people that just read all that.

Love Krys!
KMac

Re: Evening everyone.

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

Hi Krys,

Welcome and congratulations on making a start.

Do you still read much? I am a HUGE reader. I too was always very shy and still (at the age of 42) suffer social phobias - although I am working through it with a counsellor.

I read some tips for change today

1. Engage your body – every time you think a thought you create a new pathway and if you engage your body it improves your memory, by engaging neurons.
2. Share – make the commitment to someone, you then feel like you actually have to do something about it. Surround yourself with those people and give them a commitment, talk about how you are going.
3. Write it down. There is something strange about writing it down. As soon as you write it down you get all of the stress of your life on that piece of paper – catharsis. It puts you in control. When you are stressed write it down – it helps to deal with it.

I think that is exactly what you have done with your post and hopefully you feel better having done so and we will all support you in your commitment to losing weight.

Take Care
Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Return to Introductions