It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Free Newsletter

new and need some motivation

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new and need some motivation

Postby dolphin81 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 pm

i am looking for some great motivation, i really need it, especially after the week i have had. been a very emotional week, alot of things going on and going wrong. i just keep looking in the fridge and cupboard. i am very drained and feel like i am doing this all alone. i have started buying more healthier foods and i have cut out soft drink all together. i just mostly need the motivation to get up and do more.
dolphin81

Re: new and need some motivation

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi Dolphin81

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're on the right track. Just don't make too many changes too quickly or you might get overwhelmed and disillusioned- just do it gradually.

A few suggestions for staying motivated:

Set some measurable and attainable goals such as how much you want to lose and when by. Work out how you will do it. Write up a plan, and stick to it as much as possible.

Start your own thread in the "Personal Progress" sub board and regularly report there.

Read the articles on the main website (the links are on the purple menu bar at the top of the website).

Participate in the forum.

Only you can change yourself - no one will do it for you. When you take a course of action such as changing the way you eat and live it's something you just have to keep on doing. And if you lapse into some bad habits one day, just brush it off and get back on the wagon once you've got over it. Weight loss (and all the other positive changes that accompany it) does not happen overnight, but it DOES happen eventually.

One final, and important piece of advice, paraphrased from Sir Winston Churchill:
"Never, never, never, never give in!"
CronicBadger

Re: new and need some motivation

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am

Some really great tips from CronicBadger!!

I also started out one change per week - the first week was to make sure I ate breakfast.

Look forward to seeing you in the personal progress section.

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Return to Introductions