It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone

Postby Mayden » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 am

I am a 58 year old female, was so skinny my whole life until I turned 40, (5ft 9 and 52-55 kilos) never even had boobs until then! (I also ate everything, never had to worry) Now is a different story. I suppose I can blame my arthritis but I feel now that is not an excuse, as well as losing weight I want to get fitter than I am. A few years ago I used to bushwalk 10 kilometres, climb very steep hills just for fun, now I am lucky if I can make it around the block. I did lose a bit for my daughters wedding in 2009, but put some of it back on.This week my husband went away for a few days, I replaced a few meals with slimright. We do eat fairly healthily, my main problem seems to be lack of movement I love sitting at my computer and since my husband retired he does all the cooking and cleaning, which in itself drives me mad, it is like I did not do it for 30 years before that. I went from 81.200 to 79.350 in 10 days, this has been enough to get me excited and start the journey in earnest. I would really like to lose another 5 kilos in a month before I go away, I think this may be really pushing it though, but at least 2.

I hope by coming on here at least I can record my success, and probably failures. I had originally thought I would like to get down to 74 kilos, but now I am thinking that maybe under 70, I do not want to go too far, older women who lose too much weight look awful sometimes. I also have another goal and that is to be fit and weigh less well before November so I can enjoy my 40th wedding anniversary holiday in Tasmania, I want to be able to walk and take photos. There is also another event in August I have to be much fitter for.

So my plan is starting today. I know it may not seem like much to some of you, but some of these are also for my well being as a person. I am also on a fair bit of medication, so it will be interesting to see if that changes.

Half hour gym workout at least 5 days per week (we have all this at home, hubby was also a personal trainer, but I would prefer to start alone)
Neck stretching exercises 3 time per day
Hyper extension exercise 60 per day (3x20) For my back
Walk half hour per day
2 hours housework per day
Limit my computer time to 3 hours per day. (Maybe add a little more in place of TV, or if I have to rest my back)
eat main meal at lunchtime replace evening meal with a shake and fruit. Walk after lunch.

Do you all weigh yourself on the same scales? I have them at home but they are way out compared to the one in town where I get a printout. I even have some from the old days when the man in Coles used to write your weight on a bit of card LOL

Well thanks for listening, I am turning this off now and getting back to my list, which I am keeping a daily record. I do not want to weigh myself for another 2 weeks. I am looking forward to getting back to reading all your stories.

Cheers
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Mayden

Sounds like you have a good plan - good luck with it all!!

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Thank you so much Vicki, I did not complete all my list today, but I did do extras not noted, so I am still quite happy, at least I did not spend all day in front of the computer. I am going away for the weekend, so I will try my best and I have booked in for a gym session on Monday, even that is an achievement. I have now set my goal at 72 kilos and fill see if I need to go lower when I get there. I feel really great as this is the first time I have ever had real goals and I am responsible to come here and share with all of you.

Thanks

Dee
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:11 am

That is so great - congratulations!!

You did have a huge list lol.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the gym on Monday!

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby MissyMay21 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 am

You have an amazing plan Dee, I wish you all the best with your weight loss. I'm sure you'll get to 72 in no time :D Keep us updated

:) Miranda

mgw - 1/2/12: 82kgs complete :D
mgw - 1/3/12: 77kgs
mgw - 1/4/12: 72kgs
mgw - 1/5/12: 68kgs
MissyMay21

Postby Mayden » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks Missy, I just changed my goal weight to 68 so feel like I took a step back LOL no not really just made it scarier. It is so long since I have been anywhere near that weight. Oh Darn I will have to buy new clothes!!!
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby MissyMay21 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Haha oh bugger, not shopping :P

You'll get there :D keep positive.

mgw - 1/2/12: 82kgs complete :D
mgw - 1/3/12: 77kgs
mgw - 1/4/12: 72kgs
mgw - 1/5/12: 68kgs
MissyMay21

Postby Wannabskinnybex » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:10 am

Hi there!

Sounds like you have a good plan :D I find writing down my goals helps. I don't like to share my "personals" with ppl, ESP my friends. I kind of feel like after 2 years, they r sick of it. So instead of discussing my plans/goals, I leave myself reminders. Like leaving my outdoor training sneakers by the door in the morning when I don't have after work plans or I know the weather is good. Or for a while I had a "skinny" pic of myself at my computer desk (to motivate me to get up & move), or plan out my excercise and stick it up on the fridge, or hang my inspiration dress up in my bedroom so every morning I'd see it & hopefully get up & get active. ATM, I'm aiming for 6.5kg by April 4, we have a wedding to go to up north & I know that a lot of that time will be spent at the beach. I have to buy new bathers, so I currently have a page of bathers I like folded up in my purse so if I feel tempted to grab a chocolate at a check-out, there is incentive not to as soon as I open my purse.

Whatever motivates us huh? Good luck, I'm sure you will get there. :)
Wannabskinnybex

Postby Mayden » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Thanks all, I have been trying to move more while away, but the wrong eating does get me. I feel like I am looking forward to when get back home and can really get back into it. I will have to step it up and start counting calories, other wise, I will just put it back on. I will try a walk tonight, that is if this rain stops away LOL not making excuses I am too scared I will slip walking in the rain. Ahh I have stairs here, I will do that.

Cheers

Dee
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby yoyonurse » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 pm

hi mate............ sounds like we have the same goals.

As of 16/3/12 i weighed 80.9kg...... my goal is 65kg.

I had gotten to the point were i decided a LIFESTYLE change instead of a diet will/has made me feel less pressure. plus i am only gonna weigh myself WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT... but of course, with the promise that i will weigh myself for accountablility.

This week ive changed habits like....
# not eating after dinner - cause it makes me feel lighter in the morning
# cutting down the MASSIVE amounts of chocolate i was eating..note: i was eating a family block in two days easily
#making better choices eg. an apple with my coffee instead of biscuits
#replacing diet coke with water when having some meals & snacks

ill introduce new habit changes as i see fit as i dont want to overwhelm myself... When i get overwhelmed i end up failing any so called "diet" and binge and im back in the same situation i started in...

so this week i FEEL sooooo much better... i dont know how much ive lost but I KNOW ive lost weight....... a bonus is my mind feels clearer & im far less pissed off (sorry about the language but its the truth)

anyway, im gonna see how i FEEL midweek & i might weigh myself then.....

ill keep you posted :)
16/3/2012....... 80.9kg
yoyonurse

Return to Introductions