It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 am

Free Newsletter

Hey all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey all

Postby Vertigo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Hey. I am 18, 172cm tall and 88kg. I've been wanting to lose weight for a while, but over the last few weeks have finally started trying. So far I've just cut out soft drinks, am sort of eating healthier, and I've been using the treadmill that my sister rented (thank god). Over the last week I've been watching a movie whilst running on the treadmill at alternating speeds, usually burning 500+ calories per movie (assuming my treadmill actually counts it correctly) each night, whilst this is great (gives me an excuse to watch a movie every day) I seriously have no idea what I am doing, so i figured I'd join a community and browse for tips on weight loss and motivation.

I've never been particuarly active - haven't played a sport in my life, mainly because of my complete lack of depth perception, but I really want to turn my life in a better direction so I lose weight instead of gaining it. My goal is to lose 15kg by the end of the year so I can be fit for schoolies, but I'm really worried about managing work/final year of school/losing weight. Plus I have no idea how to diet properly - I don't eat red meat, and I have no idea wether or not that's a good thing.

Basically I want to get to a healthy weight and be able to maintain it.

So yeah, that's my little introduction. Sorry if it's grammatically incorrect, my brain doesn't want to work today. So, does anyone have any tips?

Re: Hey all

Postby Mayden » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi, you have made a great start, getting rid of soft drink, is very good. I am sure the great people here will have much better advice than me to give, I just wanted to say welcome and good luck.
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos

Re: Hey all

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 pm

HI vertigo,

I am sure you will find lots of helpful tips on here and you are doing great so far with the exercise!!!

Just a question - if you don't eat red meat are you eating alternatives to ensure you are getting enough iron? Have you tried any of the quorn meals??I'm just asking as my 14 year old daughter was a vegetarian for a few years and kept getting sick, turns out she had severe anaemia. She now takes iron with vitamin c.

Good Luck
Created by - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Return to Introductions