It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Free Newsletter

No Song and Dance

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

No Song and Dance

Postby Hefty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:12 pm

No song and dance. Not this time. Time for action, not talking about action! Ok, maybe a bit of talking about action or there's no point being here.

Some stats because I decided this time it's time to be accountable:

33 years old and of the female variety. 179cm. Started a month ago at 132kg. Currently sitting somewhere around 128kg. Slow and steady wins the race, hey?

Walking 10-12km a day plus boot camp twice a week, cross trainer 4 or 5 times a week and resistance band exercises with the cross trainer. Aiming to lose 50kg over a year or so and keep it off forever! And also get involved in some sort of organised sport.
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Hefty

Re: No Song and Dance

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 am

Hi,

Sounds like you have some good exercise routines

We are about the same weight with the same to lose - will be great to follow your progress.

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby WL Epiphany » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Congrats. What is your nutrition plan like?
WL Epiphany

Postby Hefty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks, Vicki. :)

My nutrition is pretty good now that I have dropped the chocolate and chips and lollies and icecream and and and... I've started having smoothies with protein powder for breakfast because I previously never really ate breakfast.
Hefty

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:28 am

That one one of my issues too - no breakfast and loved my junk food -lol.

I have been eating breakfast now for about 2 months - just toast but still breakfast... A protein shake is a great idea - I just haven't found one I like yet...

Good on you for giving up all the junk - I have also stopped the choccies and chips, but still have the occasional lolly.

I really need some good meal ideas for 1 - I am finding it hard because I am finding it too expensive to buy salads and things like that when they don't last...

Yesterday I made myself a salad with rice, four bean mix, peas and corn and tuna with a splash of balsamic dressing - it was nice - but even that makes a full container of salad and unless I eat the same thing for 4 meals in a row - it is just a waste...

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Hefty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Sometimes I will do a small tin of tuna or salmon, rice noodles, frozen mixed vegies and a diet friendly dressing of some sort. Or you can get the flavoured tunas, not sure of the nutritional content though. I lived on that during the two weeks off work I had at Christmas.

I also make a full family size meal packed with vegies once a week and freeze it in individual portions and take it to work.

The protein shake I have for breakfast is just a run of the mill low carb protein powder, some LSA mix, banana or berries, natural yoghurt and skim milk. Mix it up with a stick blender. High in fibre too.
Hefty

Postby Mayden » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Return to Introductions