It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Helllllllloooooooooo everybody!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Helllllllloooooooooo everybody!

Postby Angie87 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:59 pm

Hey everyone,

thought I would come and introduce myself. My name is Angie and I'm 19 years old and I am.... wait for it.... FAT :shock:

Yep, it's gradually piled on in the last 3 years with me hardly noticing (and blatanly obvious to everyone else!!)

I blame my fiance. Yep, love him to pieces but he introduced me to fast food at the tender age of 15 and I have been hooked ever since, hehehe. Four years and 32kgs later, I NEED to do something about this.

We are getting married in February and will be trying for a baby straight after and my doctor has pretty much told me that, at 5'3" my body would have a very hard time coping with pregnancy weight on top of my excess weight which I am already carting around.

That was this morning, and I will NOT be eating any more CRAP! Only in moderation and only once a week. Ahhh, this will be tricky but with support from all of you guys I know I can do it.

Can't wait to get to know you all!!!
Angie87

Postby Green_Butterfly » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Welcome Angie!

Fast food is the devil in disguise (the disguise of deliciousness!) but with the right choices you can make heaps healthier choices and beat it. (Although I'm not one to talk at the moment, I had a lean beef burger from maccas yesterday and it was GOOD, so I didnt feel so guilty!)

Best of luck on your journey- I look forward to learning more about u.

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby Angie87 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 pm

mmmmmmmm, lean beef burger *drool*
Angie87

Postby KimE » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:46 am

Hello Angie and welcome to the forum.

Congratultions on your upcoming wedding. :D

Don't be afraid to join in wherever you are comfortable and if you need any advice or tips on how to get started check out all the fantastic info on the home page.

Time to cut out as much crap from your diet if you want to shed the kilos. Also don't try to eat as much as your man, their bodies can burn the fuel very differently to us as they naturally have more muscle than us thereby having a more effiicient metabolism. Yeah, sucks huh! That was one of my problems I used to eat as much as and sometimes more than my hubby. Even he used to comment on the amount I could pack away, it was embarrassing. Even changing those two things, cutting out the junk food and watching the amount of food you eat, you should start to feel a difference in weight and how you feel overall. Start moving more, exercise can really help and is great for you. If you are new to exercise build it up slowly or talk to your doc on how to progress. Let us know how you go.

All the very best on your weight loss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:31 am

Hello Angie and welcome to the forum....Wow another bride to be, Congratulations!!! I wish you well on your weight loss journey and you will be surprised that when you start eating healthy foods how much the takeaway you love will really start to taste like what it is...junk. I had a big mac on mchappy day recently and it was just fat and grease and that was all I could taste...yet before I could eat them no problems at all!!!

Feel free to join in any of the challenges offered here for that extra bit of motivation you may be seeking. A new 12 week challenge started only yesterday!!

I wish you all the best mate, don't be afraid to jump on and ask questions if you need help. Keep us updated on your progress!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:32 am

ImageANGIE

how much do you weigh? best wishes for your wedding and falling pregnant. i have pcos and i weighed 81kg when i fell pregnant. i was told by my ob/gyn that due to my weight and pcos that i would need fertility treatment to fall pregnant. i was 2 weeks pregnant at the time and didnt know. lots of big women can fall pregnant but the risks are higher with gestational diabetes, blood pressure and not to mention the strain to your body. so best wishes with losing some weight and you will be a lot healthier and happier. remember you can have fast food every so often- moderation is the key :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:15 am

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and best of luck on your weight loss journey :D
Mandie

Postby slimmindown » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:20 am

hi Angie, well done on your decision to shed those extra kilos, this is a great place to get advice and motivation.... 8)

look forward to seeing your success before your wedding 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Angie87 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:41 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

You have all done fantastic and this will no doubt motivate me to work towards my own success.

Okay so today is DAY 2!! I usually don't get past day 1 so that is an achievement within itself.

Kate - To answer your question, I'm a size 16 top 18 bottom and weigh 109kgs :shock: I'm only 5'3".
It's strange because when I'm a size 10 I weigh around 75kgs whch is considered obese for my height. Stupid BMI.

KimE - heheh it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to eat as much as my man. He is 6'4" and weighing 136kgs, will be joining in on this lifestyle change with me.

I started eating a lot better a few months ago, but my downfall is between 7-11pm when I feel like snacking and I'm not even hungry. I'm a huge emotional eater (no pun intended hehe) I exercise to my fat burning pilates dvd which is fantastic although haven't been able to the last week because I had stitches in my back. Will start again tomorrow. Ya never know, might even go for a walk tonight with H2B to look at Christmas lights!!
Angie87

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:44 am

Welcome angie
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 am

well done getting apst day 1- the first week is the hardest i think and then once you have passed that its a big achievement. so keep going!!!...
kate_turner2000

Postby bluebox451 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:12 pm

HI, I used to struggle with this time of night too. All day I would be good and then go and waste my hard work by falling face first into fridge! :lol:
I found that it was easier just to get as far away from the kitchen as possible so after dinner I just wash up and head straight upstairs or wherever with a basket of washing to fold or go for a walk or read a book - whatever. Under no circumstances do I re-enter the kitchen unless there is an absolute emergency. Anyway, that's for people with no willpower, I'm sure there are others who don't have this problem at all.
Liz.
bluebox451

Postby Fairie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Angie87 :)
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:19 pm

Welcome aboard ... enjoy the weight loss ride!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:00 am

Hey Angie..Love your ticker darl!!!

Liz....loved your expression "falling face first into the fridge" LOL :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Introductions