It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby apanda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum.

I weight about 143 kilos.

At my heaviest I was 149 kilos - close to 150 kilos.

I turn 31 next month and have set myself a goal to get to 131 kilos by then.

I hope I can get there.
apanda

Re: New Member

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:37 am

Good for you and good luck in your quest :)

I hope we'll all be able to support one another over the coming months...and months! LOL

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby apanda » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 am

Retire_The_Fat wrote:Good for you and good luck in your quest :)

I hope we'll all be able to support one another over the coming months...and months! LOL

Hi,

Thank you. I hope we will be able to support one another as well.

I so need to lose weight and I went to bed last night thinking that I was definetely going to get up and go on my exercise bike this morning, but I didn't. I was just so tired.

I was told last year that I am low in iron and I forget to take my tablets for that. I was also told a couple of years ago that if I don't lose weight, then I will have diabetes by the time I am 40. So I need to do something now.

I am just lacking motivation and the drive to get up in the morning or do something at night.

I suppose that I am going to just give up soon - just like my mother thinks I do with everything I try.
apanda

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Sounds like you haven't been taught to win.

Everyone's a winner!

You say you have no motivation yet you've chosen to lose weight and come here for support?
Now there's a sign that you really want to do it but that you need help.'

have you spoken to your dr about tiredness? Us overweight ppl often suffer from sleep apnoea where we wake ourselves up many times during the night snoring or through lack of oxygen

You do what I do...see what you're going to do!!
Then it's so hard to do it because we're focussed into what we're gunna do..not what we're doing.

Take it 1 step at a time:

Stop reading this and go onto your exercise bike for a FEW MINUTES.

ok so a few minutes isn't going to help you lose weight but they're going to be more beneficial for you than spending those same minutes sat here in front of the computer :)
Pop onto it a few times a day for a few minutes. You can increase the time you spend on it as you get fitter and more used to dealing with the demons in your head who are telling you that you really must get off to....insert here whatever your demons tell you is more important than exercise.

Good luck for today's goal (my gift to you) xx

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby apanda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:54 am

Retire_The_Fat wrote:Stop reading this and go onto your exercise bike for a FEW MINUTES.

I actually went on the bike for just over 5 minutes this morning. Burnt about 30 calories. Feel like such a failure - I wanted to at least stay on for 10 minutes, but knew that I couldn't.

I have no idea how I am going to lose all this weight when I can't even exercise properly
apanda

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:33 am

Why did you feel like a failure?
You DID exercise, didn't you?

Of course you're not going to be able to exercise properly when you're heavy and you haven't exercised for a long time.

5 mins becomes 6 becomes 7 etc...dont knock yourself. If you do that you set yourself up for failure!

Your glass is half full...you exercised, even if only for 5 mins, when you could so easily have ignored what I said...for that I thank you .

Keep up the good work!!

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby apanda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 am

Retire_The_Fat wrote:Why did you feel like a failure?
You DID exercise, didn't you?

Of course you're not going to be able to exercise properly when you're heavy and you haven't exercised for a long time.

5 mins becomes 6 becomes 7 etc...dont knock yourself. If you do that you set yourself up for failure!

Your glass is half full...you exercised, even if only for 5 mins, when you could so easily have ignored what I said...for that I thank you .

Keep up the good work!!

I don't know why I feel like a failure - maybe because I should have done more.

I am pleased that I actually managed to get up and exercise this morning and am already thinking about maybe going for a walk this afternoon to clear my head - after the day that I have planned I will need it. And might get up and go for a walk early tomorrow morning - but will see about that one. Busy day tomorrow.
apanda

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Excellent!

Any little step is a big one at this stage of the game...each step motivates you to another. Dont plan ahead if you dont think you'll be able to do it.
Each failure sets you up for what you THINK you do best when already you've proven you can win!!!

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Return to Introductions