It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:03 am

Free Newsletter

Depression and Weight loss

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Depression and Weight loss

Postby skitzcaza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 am

Hi Everyone!!

Im new to this site and like everyone else i need to lose weight.
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, high levels of testosterone, arthritis and two buldging discs in my lower back.
I have been battleing with Depression for the last couple of years which i am medicating and i also work in an office that i hate as all the girls are very nasty and treat me badly just because im not a size 6 with stiletos and long blonde hair.
Yes i weigh 95kg, yes i have glasses, and yes i am single and although i need to lose weight i dont need them or anyone else at my office to give me their 2 cents about my weight.
I dont live near anyone that i know so i am very isolated which in turn gets the depression worked up just a little bit.
BUT.......
I will not give into those arseholes though :)
and....
I am looking for another job (which i have an interview today about) and on Sundays i have started playing tennis (which i used to be pretty good at !)

My invitation is open to anyone else on here that lives near Hurstville/Mortdale that wants to hang out and have a hit at tennis or any other activity that can be fun!

My advice to anyone with depression is to make sure you have a support network, get involved in sporting activities and dont let others get in the way of your happiness or tell you who you are (that includes your place of work)
:)
Stuck at 95kg :(
skitzcaza

Re: Depression and Weight loss

Postby yoyonurse » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 pm

hey mate.... dont let the office censored get you down.... some people can be that shallow - tell'em to go F@*k themselves

unfortunately i live in newcastle so i cant join you with tennis but i would be happy to motivate you along with your progress...

i am someone who lets my weight get to me alot..... i am 81kg (this is my first week on this site) and im meant to be 65 or 60.

i am determined to get there.... but i refuse to crash diet..... its all about moderation & lifestyle...

WE CAN DO IT!
16/3/2012....... 80.9kg
yoyonurse

Postby skitzcaza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks yoyonurse.

They are sooo horrible at work that i cant wait for my interview today!!!
I used to be 60kg and great but relationships destroyed my weight and my usually fit and trim self balloned and now i am the sad lump of fat i see in the mirror every day.
I know that i am sabotargeing my own diet by emotionally eating but i also know it wont stop until i leave this place.
I really hope i can find more people on here that i can exercise with cause i know my motivation goes out the window when im by myself :(

oh well
Stuck at 95kg :(
skitzcaza

Postby yoyonurse » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:25 pm

just have to start small mate..... i mean really, its mainly about what you put in ur mouth..... once that part is easier the rest just falls into place...

just take it one meal at a time.....

i weigh in on friday or saturday.... see how i go (cause ve been practicing what i preach)

:)
16/3/2012....... 80.9kg
yoyonurse

Return to Introductions