It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie from QLD ready to change

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie from QLD ready to change

Postby allboutme » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi all,

I am a little naughty when it comes to eating, either it nothing or its too much of the wrong thing. I have YoYo'd for years trying to find that one miracle that would send me back to my thin days, to little to no prevail.

I am a happily married mother of 2 kids, 1 is 5yrs and the other is 2.

When I met my hubby in 2005 I was fresh off working on one of the Whitsunday Islands as an Activities Supervisor, I was lean, Tanned and HOT and only 60kg.

around 6 months later (still slim) I found out we were expecting our daughter. I behaved with my eating had a healthy baby in 2006 and only gained 11kg. However, as it does, S^&t happened and due to a medical error I was left with no metabolism and permanent fluid in my womb. The depression hit with a vengeance and I packed on the weight, thanks to the help of a metabolism of a 60yr old woman. By November 2008 when we wed, I was a whopping 95kg. (I still to this day cant look at my wedding pics with out crying) In Feb 2009 I joined 'Biggest Loosers' Online Club and managed to drop my weight to 81kg in 2 months on a strict VLCD. I then found out in April 2009 I was expecting again and had to stop my diet. I was lucky though as I was preggo's I lost even more weight (and I was not even trying, trust me I ate for 5 not just 2) and in Jan 2010 when I gave birth to my son I weighed only 70kg and LOOKED AWESOME, but the lime lite was short lived, I went back on the VLCD as I could not breast feed and in 1 month gained over 10kg. :x

I went to my doctor in August 2010 weighing 86kg and she put me on Duromine 15mg for 1 month and was surprised when I only lost 1kg, even still being on a VLCD and doing plenty of exercise, so she upped the dosage to 30mg but it too did nothing so she took me off it.

I have been continuing my VLCD and exercise and now in march 2012 I have no idea what I weigh (I would not let the doc tell me, but got him to write into my diary, i have not looked at it yet) and I am back on the Duromine. I plan to stay on the Duromine for a week before i look at the weight and then weigh my self and I will only do once a week weigh ins.

Today is Day 1 for me, So far I am on a buzz, heaps of energy (which is a first for me in a long time) dont feel jittery, am forcing myself to eat 6 small healthy meals, and drink heaps. I will check back in next friday for my weigh in.
MAIN GOAL: To be one of the thin girls on the horses at shows
allboutme

Re: Newbie from QLD ready to change

Postby phillip94 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Sounds a little like me except i wasn't pregonant. I failed my navy assessment, took a turn for the worse, gained allot of weight, and not i have to get rid of it again because im re-applying in about 6 months.

I wish you all the best from a fellow Queenslander
phillip94

Postby allboutme » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks Phillip, wow the navy, good on you, I have uttmost respect for your choice to rep our country....

I just want to be happy in my own skin, to be the mother my daughter looks up to, to be able to help her realise, that she is beautiful, and whilst I lack self esteem how can i teach her.
allboutme

Postby phillip94 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:54 am

Self esteem, like me again. I lacked self confidence throughout my navy interviews last year, and that's basically why i failed. As i lose more and more weight hopefully that will build up and also not only by losing weight.. i also volunteer for the SES, i find that builds my self confidence allot. Maybe you should consider volunteering for a community group? Just a suggestion, but yet again you do have children not sure about if you'll have time.
phillip94

Postby natharas » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 am

hey and welcome i'm from qld too. i've had a really slack week this week struggled with motivation
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
natharas

Postby allboutme » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:00 am

Hey Phillip,

I used to volunteer for the rural firies and nowdays I voluteer instruct at youth camps and steward at horse shows (been involved in the horse scene for my entire life)
allboutme

Postby phillip94 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:27 pm

I love the SES , helped rescue a person the other day in a flooded river, felt proud and happy. :)
phillip94

Postby allboutme » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:22 pm

finally got my scales working today and i looked at them I am 85kg so better than i thought.

I have 20kg to loose by summer, but on a good note Im back in the saddle riding my new horse yay
allboutme

Postby phillip94 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:33 am

Congratulations, i remember when i was a child.... was going to go ride on a horse. Climbed a fence, but it wasn't any type of fence.. electric. Never ended up riding on it.
phillip94

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:48 am

Welcome!

I am from Brisbane, living in the outskirts of Ipswich actually and I have an enormous story myself but won't bore you with the details.

I have 3 kids (almost 12, 10 and 8) and I started this journey (again) weighing the most I had ever weighed in my life. I have only just reached my half way mark after a week of illness that almost saw me admitted to hospital but it's been a long and difficult road for me to lose what I have. I am also on Duromine, Thyroxin (as the dr discovered an underactive thyroid) and anti-depressents. I could share many a story with you, so contact me if you want to chat more.

I wish you every success with your journey.

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby allboutme » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:46 pm

hi kelli, lets do this together, our stories are so similar!!!

PM me and we'll share in the journey together
allboutme

Postby Roblyssa » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:44 pm

12, 10 and 8 that should have read.

Our stories are fairly similar, I'll be in touch.

Kellie
Roblyssa

Return to Introductions