It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:04 am

Free Newsletter

New and Needing to Lose!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and Needing to Lose!

Postby princessbee » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:17 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum because I've been struggling with maintaining diet and exercise for a while now (after I used to be REALLY good) and I think I just need a supportive environment to report to and be accountable to.

After finding that pretty much none of my clothes are fitting me right now I decided to take the plunge and weigh for the first time in many months - I've hit my absolute highest weight ever of 75kg. For me that is a really big shock, especially when not even two whole years ago I was only 57kgs.

This whole past week my eating has been awesome but before that it was pretty dodgy and I haven't done any exercise at all since before Christmas, which is really bad for me as I was in the habit of going 4-5 times a week and I think this is a big reason I've gained so much (I think I was middling around 65-68kg before Christmas).

There's definite reasons for this gain - I struggle with Depression and am a comfort eater to deal with that. Combined with the sudden lack of exercise, it's a really bad combination. Plus the reason for no gym has been an inability to afford my membership, so I'm gonna have to do at home work outs - I'm think the 100 Pushups, 200 Situps, 200 Squats challenge and cardio DVDs I've got plus lots of walks.

I'm determined to get back on top. And posting here is part of that.

I'm going to focus kilo by kilo week by week and just concentrate on 5kgs at a time. I'd like to get back down to 57kgs ultimately, but focusing on smaller goals for the time being.

So, here I am... stressed, anxious, fearful and barely daring to hope... but I was really good this week with my eating and so I know if I can just do that every week, day by day, I should start to see results... pleeeease!
[p]

princessbee

Re: New and Needing to Lose!

Postby Mayden » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:07 am

Hi and welcome to the forum, you are doing the right thing by starting now, it gets so much worse as you get older. I was always around 55 kilos, fast forward 20 years and I am 30 kilos heavier!! Not that I want to get back to the 55, but I still need to lose a lot.

Try not to push yourself with the exercise at first, just in case you get sore and then not want to go back, start slow it does not take that long to build back up.

I think with your attitude you will do well, don't beat yourself up if you have a couple of little slips.
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Re: New and Needing to Lose!

Postby princessbee » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks very much, Mayden - yeah it's definitely gotten harder as I got older and as a chronic comfort eater, that sure hasn't helped!
I have done really well all week so I'm feeling good and hopeful about the future.
[p]

princessbee

Return to Introductions