It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Free Newsletter

HI

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HI

Postby needtochangemylife » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:33 pm

hi everyone

my name is erin. I'm 23 years old. i live in melbourne.

i currently weight 200kgs approx and really need to lose weight and have come here to get some support on my journey.

im currently unemployed used to work in child care but due to my weight i had to quick because i couldnt get on the floor any more which breaks my heart i miss being able to teach the kids.
some of my hobbies are cooking, reading, facebook, and surfing the net.

some of the reasons in here to day and why i have to lose the weight is because i want to start a family but that isnt going to happen till i get healthy because who would want me.

i cant wait to get to know everyone on here :D
needtochangemylife

Re: HI

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Erin

Sadly, too many people ignore the signs and continue the sad and painful existence of obesity.

However, recognising that action has to be taken about a weight problem is like that with any other addiction - admitting it to yourself, then to others is the first step on the road to recovery! Welcome to the club.

Some of the past members of this forum have lost significant amounts of weight. Shalimar, comes to mind, who started in the 170s and went down to the 50s in about two years. The one good thing about starting with a very high weight is that if a person is dedicated and sticks to a good initial weight-loss regime for at least a few months then dramatic losses tend to occur. This makes it easier to maintain momentum and not give in early.

Weight-loss is simple and easy, but you really must have a plan. Also, the reasons people put on weight are often multi-faceted, and must be understood in order to be challenged. You'll need to educate yourself about weight-loss and nutrition, and learn more about yourself in the process.

There is a great amount of experience and knowledge to draw upon in this forum and the Weight-loss website. It has a huge range of calculators, charts, plans, hints, recipes, and articles. Just start exploring the links on the menu bar above. Read the forum archives, participate, stay focused. It takes time, lots of time, but is worth it.
CronicBadger

Postby Weightgetlost » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Needtochangemylife,

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been keen to read up on the stories of other people who have lost weight and feel that many lessons can be learned from their success.

One day at a time, we can change our life. I don't think I ate a single biscuit today!

Weightgetlost
Goal Weight 61kg
Starting Weight 68.5kg
GW for end of May 67kg
GW for end of July 65kg
GW for end of Sept 63kg
GW for end of Nov 61kg
Weightgetlost

Postby weightyissue2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 am

Welcome to your weightloss journey!

Take your hobby of cooking and turn it into a real passion... I love grocery shopping, I read the back of every label, a shope which should take 15min could take me 45min :) But I really feel that with every little thing you learn during your journey, that's weight lost!

I currently use the cook books "Cook Yourself Thin" I think they are great, everyday meals but lower on the calories... If you can get your hands on one, check it out. They have a website as well, I think there might be one or two recipes on there.

Remember try new things! And it just takes one step at a time and before you know it... POOF! LOL

Good luck, hope to see you around!
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Postby Uglysos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:07 pm

HI , I do think the first you should find the reason your weight up , and then get a health diet , more vegetables and less meat , do more sports and drink more water ,not Carbonated drinks . say exactly , I get no way about lose weight , every time ,I do want to lose ,but can't insist . the mose important is insist , hope you can do it .
Uglysos

Return to Introductions