It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:53 am

Free Newsletter

Canberra Newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Canberra Newbie

Postby kissmevodka » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am

Hi,
I have discovered this site this morning - the teacher comes when the student is ready!
I've been struggling to really 'nut out' my eating habits and think this may just be my answer! I've printed off a month's worth of diet sheets with recipes, made my shopping list and am waiting for a delivery of a FitBit from USA. My downfall is my lifestyle. Like everyone, I am busy but I am often away from home (it is SO hard to find healthy food when away from home) or work commitments see me often missing meals. (I know, I know, breakfast is THE most important meal of the day UNLESS you start work at 6am and finish anywhere between 11am to 2pm and don't get time for food.) I find trying to eat regular meals of a proper proportion difficult. I'm excited about the diet sheets as they not only list main meals AND snacks (something I am always afraid of), the kj count is itemised as well. How easy to swap a snack/meal and still know your kj count for the day!
I will endeavour to do my best to check into the forum regularly and meet with new likeminded people and also make myself accountable.

Here we go! ... :D
kissmevodka

Re: Canberra Newbie

Postby weightyissue2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 am

Welcome KMV!

I'm kinda a newbie to... Hope those diet sheets/meal plans help you out. My small piece of advice for now, just take snacks with you, and munch every 3 hours. I know you said your job is a bit unstable, but I hope that you can figure something out :)

Best of luck... Look forward to seeing you around

AJ
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Return to Introductions