It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello out there

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello out there

Postby Rachael » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:13 am

Hello everyone,

I have just joined the forum today as I have taken a big life turn and need to shed the Kilo's to enrich myself. I am very scared and not sure that I can do it but we shall see how I go.

Rachael
Rachael

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:39 am

HI Rachel and welcome to the forums
U have taken the first step on your journey . The guys and girls here are a great support and give lots of encouragement . Feel free to join in any of the discussions.
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Rachael » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:46 am

Thanks Jules,
That is a big encouragement. I am hoping to loose about 45Kg. So hopefully I will have the motivation to keep going.
:D
Rachael

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:18 pm

Hi Rachael welcome to the group :) feel free to join in where and when you feel comfortable and make sure you get yourself a funky ticker :) best wishes with your weightloss journey :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Roar2Life » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi Rachael, I think when all of us started our journey we were scared we wouldn't be able to do it but with the support of others it is possible. Trust me, when people start complimenting you on your weight loss and when you start to feel good about your weight loss you won't want to go back to your 'old ways'. Welcome to the board, i'm new here too and am just starting to find my way around.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:13 pm

Welcome aboard, best of luck!
Mandie

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi there Rachael and welcome to the forum...you have made the right decision to lose the weight and you will much better for it!! Are you following anything in particular, or just going it alone?? (Dont mind me I am a treacle-beak!!!)

As Kate said feel free to join in any of the challenges (we have just started a new 12 week one!!) they help keep you motivated and heading towards a new and healthier you!!!

Thanks for choosing to join us and share your journey with us!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Roo1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:37 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new today. Just wondering which diet to do, am watching what I eat, just can't seem to stick to a diet a moment. Maybe someone could share there tips with me. Desperate.

Roo
Roo1

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:48 pm

Hello there Roo1 and welcome to the forum...feel free to join in the challenges!!!

I guess it depends on what you are after, we are all on different programs etc here as well as those of us who go it alone!! I found that eating healthy and the starting of exercise has helped for me.

If you let us know what you are after in a weight loss program etc, we could all go from there!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Roo1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:08 pm

Hello Ally, I would dearly love to lose at 10kgs at first (maybe 1kg a week) my DS2 is getting married in March & I don't want to be the fat person.... I have never been this weight before since getting my thryoid out & giving up the cigs. 94kg is way too heavy for me. I would love to get down to 70kg, that would do me then. I go down to 90 then back up to 94, please help.
Roo1

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi Roo
welcome to the group :) all the programmes out there that people are on basically revolve around the same thing- eating healthy and regular exercise. research has shown that exercising 3+times a week at 30-60 minutes each session can improve your lifestyle and health. my magical tip is to drink at least 2 litres of water a day :) best wishes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Roo1 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:23 pm

Thanks Kate, will have to try the more exercise & see how things come along. Thanks again.
Roo
Roo1

Postby KimE » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:27 pm

Hello Rachael and Roo1 and weclome to the forum.

Rachael it certainly can be scary so maybe make your changes in habit a little at a time so it is not such a shock to the system. We are here to support you as much or as little as your need so sing out if you have any questions.

Roo1, unfortunately, there really isn't a one size fits all diet plan so sometimes there can be some trial and error as you work out what is a fit for you. Watching what you eat and how much is definitely a good start as well as adding exercise. Just remember to take it slowly if you haven't exercised in some time or at all.

You both may find it helpful to check out the various articles, tips and tools on the :arrow: home page if you haven't already as there are some great information on how to get started. We also have food and exercise diaries here in the forum to help you keep track of these things.

I wish you both all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Roar2Life » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:46 pm

Hey Roo, whereabouts in Brisbane are you from? I'm in Morayfield, near Caboolture. Are you anywhere near me?
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Neney » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:06 pm

Hi Rachael
I think everyone gets a little scared. It's a huge change. But just keep reminding yourself how much you want it. Once you see the kgs starting to shed (even a few like me) it really spurs you on to keep going!

Welcome!
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Next

Return to Introductions