It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Free Newsletter

new girl trying to get to the bottom of it all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: new girl trying to get to the bottom of it all

Postby feebeejay » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:15 pm

WHOO HOO - I made it!!!!! i've reached my first mini goal of 10kg with almost a week to spare!!! just need to keep it calm now so I can start my new mini goal next week (on Boxing Day). Although i've got both a birthday and christmas to deal with in the next few days so it will no doubt be a challenge, but one I think i'm up for. i don't want to drop the ball again - having said that i have birthday cake in the fridge as we speak and i've worked out the calories per slice - definitely worth 20 minutes (or more) on the bike to burn it off again!!!
now I can start on the next 10kg and work to lowering my BMI toward the 30's and not the 40's as it is currently ... I've currently dropped 5 BMI points - doesn't sound like much I know, but there is such a long way to go ... all I can do is keep going ...
happy christmas to everyone!!!!
fj :)
trying to stop the yo-yo!!!
feebeejay

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm so happy for you. Congratulates for achieving this mini goal. :D You worked real hard for it and you deserved it.

Now don't throw it all away now. Time to ante up and heap it on. Build on this fab result.

I love your birthday cake thinking. You CAN have your cake and eat it too - just so long as you work it off as extra exercise. :shock: :)

It must have been all that Santa's helper work that paid off. Santa has given you an early Christmas present. :lol:

Best wishes
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby feebeejay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 pm

hi everyone
just thought i'd write a quick post - i've 'graduated' myself from this Introductions thread to a Weekly weigh In thread - go to Feebeejay's Weigh In to follow my next 10kg journey!!

it's been a bit challenging the past 2 weeks since christmas, as I succumbed to the temptations of christmas but then had some issues with the Tassie bushfires so stress has helped me get back on track. Unfortunately we lost one of our properties on Friday night - the one that my children and I lived in for about 18 years until I married and moved in with my husband 2 years ago. We had been packing up the place which we had been using as a holiday home, but mush of the stuff was still there in the house. Now it is just ash and debris. The fire has completely decimated it - it's like something out of an apocolypse movie - unbelievable. The kids and I are devastated, but it feels so weird, so surreal and not really sure where I am in the process, it's all a bit of a process and never having dealt with insurance companies before, not really sure how long the process will take and in what form it will be, we just have to take it one day at a time, which is that same as my weightloss journey. One Day At A Time!!!
boy it's a struggle at times though, and even after beeing so good and having success so far, I ate a whole 90g bag of twisties today ... that is just ridiculous!! i should have known better than to do that, and it was just habit. normally i'd separate them out and put them in calorie controlled zip lock bags so I knew how many calories were in each bag, but today I just ate the damn lot! how stupid is that??? so now I have to put that behind me and get on with making good choices!! oh well ... tomorrow will be a better day!
Weigh in day is Wednesday so i'll be keeping track on the Weekly Weigh In forum thread ... check out my journey there.
cheers
fiona
feebeejay

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Industrial bags of potato chips/crisps and the likes can pass me by without a flicker of interest but Twisties will get me every time. The only way I can deal with them is not buy them at all.

One day at a time. That is how it is isn't it? Each day on it's own terms. If we get too far ahead of ourselves the burden of what we are trying to achieve could overwhelm us. Bite size chucks of weight loss to match the bite sizes that got us to the place we needed to lose weight!

I'll be a keen fan of your Feebeejay's Weigh In. The next 10 kilos will prove to be a very interesting journey for you I think. :D

Wishing you every success.
Kim
ps Recently dealt with an insurance company over a blown down fence...they made it real easy. Hopely it will be the same for you guys.
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby feebeejay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

thanks Kim, it's nice to know that someone out there is reading about my journey, and hopefully it helps someone else in theirs ... we are a community, in a virtual world, but a community just the same. i'm hoping the next 10kg will be easy - that's not the right word, it sort of feels like the frist 10 was to prove to msyelf that I could do it, and I set my mind to it and I did, so the next 10kg is to prove to myself that I have what it takes to stick to something, and make better choices. ... and as part of that I need to stop tellilng myself that I 'deserve' something that I know isn't a good choice ... funy how you mentioned in one of your posts how something didn't taste so good anymore - i'm almost at that point with chocolate believe it or not ... it just doesn't seem to taste the same as it did, maybe it's because I know how many calories are in it!! We also had a creamy sauced stir fry type meal last night that ended up with much more cream than I'd anticipated, and although it tasted really nice, I could taste the fat that was in there, left a bit of a coating iside my mouth - now that I didn't like ... again, its about the choices. So i've already prepared the salad for tomorrows lunch, back to work tomorrow and back on track I hope...
see you on Feebeejay's Weigh In ...
fiona :)
feebeejay

Previous

Return to Introductions