It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:32 am

Free Newsletter

My journey

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My journey

Postby cpr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:20 am

Hello everyone!

First of all, I am so glad I have stumbled across this forum. So much great info, great support and great people to keep on going.

My journey goes a little something like this -
I have always been a big kid. Not only am I tall (194cm) but Ive always been overweight too. When I graduated high school, I decided I was going to go to Uni at ADFA (Australian Defence Force Academy) as an Army Officer. I put in my application, and was told I was 3 kgs above the BMI cut off for the Army (I had to be 118 kgs or less, I was 121 kgs at that point) I lost the 3 kgs, and eventually got accepted into the army.

About 1 month from enlisting in the Army, I was diagnosed with compartment syndrome in both legs. The only treatment option was surgery. The Army deffered my position until after I had recovered from my surgery. After the op, my weight skyrocketed. It went from being around 115kgs, and got to the highest of 146.6 kgs. I was in no state to join the military. I decided to leave the military path I was taking and enrolled in a civilian university.

I have now realised that the only career I want to do is either in the Military or in law enforcement: both requiring me to be very fit. So, I am here now, more ready than ever to make a change.

Like I said, I got to my highest weight which was 146.6 kgs. I have already lost 12.2 kgs, currently at 134.4 kgs. I have 44.4 kgs to go until my goal weight. Along way to go, but it is much easier with a very tangible and fulfilling reward at the end.

Look forward to getting to know everyone on here and hope to share journeys with everyone.

Cam :)
cpr

Re: My journey

Postby Slimtobe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Hey bro,

Awesome work so far, on the 12.2kgs.

What have to done to shed those kilos?

ALl the best, man.
Slimtobe

Re: My journey

Postby cpr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Cheers buddy :)

Diet wise, most mornings I have a smoothie with fruit and yogurt. I don't like eggs and not a fan of cereal, but smoothie is quite enjoyable. Lunch, try to have some sort of meat and salad, every now and then may have something a little naughtier. Dinner, I live at home so I don't have to much control over that, but cutting down portion sizes. I also used to smash down fruit juice, but have cut that out, as well as alcohol.

Exercise wise, I am going to the gym 4-5 a week. I'm not doing any running until I've dropped at least to 100kgs due to the compartment syndrome. I row, cross train and bike for a total of about 30 mins a session and do abs each session, and every other session am doing weight training as well :)

If you have any hints or tips, I'd love to hear!! :)
cpr

Return to Introductions