It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 am

Free Newsletter

Hey Everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey Everyone!

Postby brittabritta » Tue May 08, 2012 2:50 pm

I've always used this forum as a reference point so it was high time I joined!
I'm 21, 5"6, a yoyo dieter, and have lost 20 kg twice in my life only to put it back on.

My first time I lost the weight I had joined Jenny Craig and Curves gym. I went from 94kg to about 75kg in about 9 months the good old fashioned way, but I don't think I was in the right mindset to maintain my weight. I hated Curves and I think that was my downfall to stop progress and put it all back on, along with TEE exams.

My second time I lost the weight, I was prescribed Reductil then Duromine from my doctor and the weight dropped off. I exercised along with this but I think I took it as an easy fix and cheated heavily and the weight still dropped. I was on Reductil for two months until it stopped working, and Duromine for three. I reached the weight where I've been most happiest in my life - 70kg (26kg lost) - and from there I maintained for over two years. However, last year was a hard one. What with a boyfriend who can eat a truckload and not gain any weight, family issues, and contentment (I guess), I piled it back on.

I am actually so disgusted that I let it pile back on when I was so happy! I get to the point where once I gain two kilos or so I (for some reason) lose some hope and just sit there and watch.

But not this time! I have joined Jetts gym, have at least four workout buddies, and really want to start swimming again at least once a week. My doctor has prescribed Duromine for me again and even if I only remain on them for a month I know this will be a good kickstart for me.

I have 30kg to lose, and it will happen! :)

Hope to meet a few great people in this forum along the way.

Re: Hey Everyone!

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Tue May 08, 2012 6:58 pm

You're right enough about having to be in the right frame of mind to do it.

The gym sounds great and, if you watch your portion sizes you should see it start to drop off again.

Welcome and good luck :)

Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!

Re: Hey Everyone!

Postby weightyissue2012 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Its always good to have some one to work out with, always makes things a hell of a lot easier, they're there for you also when you feel down to help you get back on top.

Wishing you the best.
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

Return to Introductions