It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

seventeen year old, sydney-sider scared of low riders..new:)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

seventeen year old, sydney-sider scared of low riders..new:)

Postby blondi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:47 pm

Hello

[b]Im a seventeen year old girl from sydney. I know many of you will sigh and think "shes seventeen, why does SHE need to lose weight?" while sticking pins into a calico doll, but trust me, Ive been trying to lose weight since before I can remember and it is as important to me as it would be to most of you. I have always been a chubby girl, the one with the puppy fat that my mum assures me will dissapear with time...I have tried every single diet out there, soups, shakes, bars, low-carbs, low-fat, everything. I have alot of emotional baggage that I have had to work out and have had to deal with alot of personal issues. Im working through those things now and after yo-yo dieting for years Ive decided to finally get real. I know how to lose the weight and 2 years ago I lost 7 kgs to reach my goal weight of 53 kgs. Now Im 62kgs and my 18th birthday is next april and I desperately want to look like I did then. My sister has always been a stick figure with an incredibly fast metabolism, whilst my parents will buy nothing but junk food, which is fine for my sister, who could gorge on the entire KFC menu and lose ten kilos, but a little difficult for me, who only has to look at a chocolate bar to gain a few. I have some bad habits that Im trying to deal with (the late night binges, my crippling carb cravings) and I have to begin exercising again. The only thing Ive been lacking is support, as my family doesnt help me and my friends ridicule me for trying. I think with some outside support I can finally start to change things, this friday it will be 20 weeks to my birthday and my goal is to lose 10 kgs for my 18th, thats half a kilogram a week, which isnt that much, I just have to stick to it. That must be the longest intro ever, but I just thought I should share my story :D I hope to meet some other people in the same boat as me, maybe some other teens that are trying to lose weight, possibly form a group or something. Thanks :D

<3 from Blondi
blondi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:52 pm

Image hi there blondi

thanks for sharing that part about yourself. no one is here to judge you - to tell you what you should or shouldnt be doing. we are here to offer advice, encouragement and to motivate you. feel free to browse around the site and forums for tips. all you can do is your best and no one is asking more from you than that. your family and friends arent the ones who have to live in your body. you are. learn to say no to people when they offer you junk food. just a question, why do you think the other methods you have used to lsoe weight in the past have not worked?
best wishes for your weightloss journey and grab yourself a funky ticker!
kate_turner2000

Postby blondi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:15 pm

hey kate,

first off, I have to pass congratulations on to you, youre an inspiration! youre ticker is quite impressive :) Hmm, Ive been told that the main reason my past methods havent worked is that it wasnt really what I was eating, but why. Im an emotional over-eater and with all the emotional baggage I have, Im lucky Im not 300kgs right now. Im also a perfectionist, so when I have a little setback, thats it for me. Theres plenty of reasons really, though I hate blaming anything or anyone for me not being able to lose weight. However, when youre trying your best to stick to a diet but the only food in your house is made by Sara-Lee, it can make it a little hard. I try to exercise but this past year its been difficult because of the hsc. But now Im getting rid of the excuses and Im going to make some conscious decisions and think about it seriously, finally :) ah, Im getting excited...excited and nervous...
blondi

Postby Fairie » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:15 pm

Welcome Blondi :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:19 pm

Welcome to the forum Blondi I wish you every success in your weightloss journey and thanks for sharing it with us

I hope you find us a supportive bunch, we are not here to put you down, we are here to help you, so don't be shy in asking anything you need to know!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:52 pm

Hi Blondi, welcome to the forum.
How to make a ticker graph
Dolly

Postby blondi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:55 pm

hey Ally, Fay and Dolly, thanks so so so much :) this board has already proved to bery very supportive. I cant seem to get a ticker up but Ill keep trying...I'll keep you updated with a blog or something..I think theres a section for that :? ha ha, I'll keep looking around for now, thanks again :)
blondi

Postby Vixen » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:00 pm

I think you are smart to get on top of it now! Other wise you will end up like me... each year for the last 8 years, I gain little by little... I wish I had of gotten control of it when it was only 5-10kg to lose not this massive 60kgs :(
Vixen

Postby Dozzy » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 pm

Welcome Blondi...

one day at a time..

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2JJ1Om/]
[/url]
Dozzy

Postby blondi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:24 pm

aw, thanks vixen :) yeh, I was 64kg at my heaviest, which isnt far from my current 62 but is quite a way away from the 53 I was just 2 years ago. I'll put up some pictures of me then and now...and hopefully, fingers crossed, in 20 weeks time Im going to look more like I did back in 2004....
blondi

Postby blondi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm

k, put up my before-the-before, and my before pics. ha ha, a little depressing, but hey, only adds to my motivation...if anyones interested...http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24345#24345
blondi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:31 am

thanks blondi thats really nice of you to say. i remember when i first joined and there were lots of 'losers' on here that were my inspiration too- including *cough KIM cough*

i had a look at your photos. you are a nice looking young woman- i think that photo must have been your formal? god i remember my formal having to get Rockmans to ship in a size 18 in the dress i wanted and buying a shawl to wear around my big fat arms. ill have tuck shop arms forever i think- it runs in my family, even my 11 month old daughter has them haha.

im sure with hard work and determination you can make it to your goal by april. its my birthday in april too so we can motivate each other :) you said you are an emotional eater so whenever you feel upset or stressed or worried jump online and vent! keeping your fingers busy by typing will take your mind off putting food into your mouth. opt for healthy options if you are out with your friends, and if you get pocket money or have a part time job use some of that money to buy healthy snacks like fruits and popcorn etc to keep in your room or a cupboard so you can have it instead of giving in to sara lee- she is nasty!

keep smiling and stay positive!
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:26 am

Welcome to the forums blondi. Feel free to join in on any of the topics
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:44 am

Welcome to the forum Blondi!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Hello Blondi and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us it is appreciated.

We can certainly supply the support and encouragement you are lacking in your family. I think your goal is very realistic and with determination and focus you should succeed and be feeling great and looking lovely for your 18th birthday. Go back to what worked for you before when you lost the 7kgs and see how you go from there.

We have food and exercise diaries you can fill in if you find these help and challenges galore so feel free to join in wherever you are comfortable. Sing out if you have any questions.

I wish you every success on your weight loss journey.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Introductions