It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Free Newsletter

New & motivated!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New & motivated!!

Postby MZTEGN » Wed May 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello every :)

I'm Tegan, I'm 21 & I'm addicted to all the wrong foods!

Bit of a background story, 4 years ago I was 75kg's, had abs & felt comfortable in a bikini! I played multiple sports every week & could eat what ever I wanted. Then I was a passenger in a nasty car accident that put me in bed for 6 months & put a stop to all that wonderful exercise. I continued eating (and eating). In the following 6 months after the accident I put on 20kg's and the 3 years following another 40kg's =[. For the last 18 months since the injury stablished I have continued to use it as an excuse for over eating & extreme laziness. Recent photos from my engagement party & fiance's 21st have shocked & disgusted me. I literally wanted to be sick when I saw myself. I don't recognize the fat unhappy girl standing next to my friends & man.

I am so very aware of how unhealthy that is and it's prompted a change. Yes I have constant pain from my injury & I can't return to my sports or the gym any time soon but I can walk, I can swim, I can take the stairs & I can eat better.

Today marks day 10 & I'm feeling great! No physical changes yet and I'm not ready to weigh myself yet but I feel good. I've started a multivitamin & I'm trying to improve my terrible sleep schedule.

I made a promise to myself, I will not walk down the isle until I am in the double figures & I intend on keeping that promise. I do not want to look back on the photos & feel that disgust. I want hubby to be to see the girl he fell in love with all those years ago.

Okay so the specs (eep!!)

Height: 179cm's
Current weight: 135.00kg's (as of 06/05/12)
First goal weight: 125.00kgs & I am hoping to do this in 10 weeks!
Ultimate goal weight: 85-90kg's before my wedding (no date yet)

I'd love to go back to the high 70's but at this point in time it seems unacheivable.

I have cut fizzy drinks and replaced it with water & cordial. I am a huge lover of pasta but I am trying to really minimize this. I am replacing bread with wraps. I am dishing my food up on smaller plates (& not going back for seconds. Eating my veggies first with a glass of water. I am saying no to the biscuits the chips the cakes the lollies - one of the harest things is giving up chocolate but I have no self control when it comes to choccies. I've also re activated MyFitnessPal & am using it daily.
As for exercise, we've been going for walks averaging about 3.5km's every second night.

Okay - that's enough rambling from me. I hope you can all help keep me motivated and on track & provide feedback & other ideas!

I will reach double digits

Thanks for reading!
Tegan :)
MZTEGN

Re: New & motivated!!

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Welcome. Tegan :)

You have set out a good sensible regime so I'm sure you'll be able to meet your goals.

Good luck!

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby MZTEGN » Wed May 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks Rtf!

Went for a 5.5km walk after slipping up & having pizza for dinner.
I limited myself to 4 slices & I went for thin crust but still... *bad tegan*.

How's the 12 week challenge & you're progress going?
MZTEGN

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Love the 12 week challenge and having to be answerable though I'm still not able to get back into my original mind set and keep breaking out
(like you with your pizza )

It's still coming off but slowly. I think part of my problem is that I dont want to be left with a lot of loose skin so am hoping if it comes off slowly the skin will get a chance to bounce back...who's kidding who, here?

LOL...main thing is...I have this forum and am still dropping grams :)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Return to Introductions