It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello Hello

Postby Motiv8 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:09 am

Super happy I found this site! On such a long journey, it is good to know there is somewhere to vent and that I am not alone in my success and failures.

If you are interested, a bit about me!
28 and I am in desperate need of some motivation/change. I got the shock of my life last April when I jumped on the scales and discovered I was 160kg. I mean I have always been a big girl, but I was mortified! I did lose it all and was at my goal when I was 19, but got too comfortable, then preggers and life! Being 182cm, I carry my weight all over, so it just crept on more and more each year. From April until November last year, I lost approx 30kg and then the drinking and festive season came and I put on 14kg.

Back at the gym now, eating healthier and have lost 10kg in approx 10 weeks (with only one terrible detour)! So I am pretty stoked, however finding it difficult as the scales just don't seem to be moving. The last couple of weeks have been stagnant. In saying that, my clothes fit better than ever and I am definitely fitter than I was last time around. I have a great trainer and do a lot in the weight dept and cardio. Just getting bored and that's never good!

Anyway, I would appreciate any suggestions to keep me motivated!! I am always keen for a chat, so drop me a line!

Re: Hello Hello

Postby admin » Sun May 20, 2012 8:30 am

Welcome Motiv8,

Sounds like you are well on your way to your goal, just be patient and don't just look at the scales not moving, great to hear you are feeling more comfortable in your clothes with the 10kg you have lost.

A personal trainer is fantastic and if you find a great one they can make the difference in your motivation of getting out of bed to exercise.

Many others on the forum will be able to share some of their tips and stories, which you can identify with.

Good luck on your journey and look forward to hearing about your success.

The weight loss team
Site Admin

Postby Motiv8 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks Admin!
Having a great trainer makes all the difference. I think this is why I fell apart in November - I had no one to keep me accountable!
Which is another reason I wanted to join this forum. At least, I can keep myself accountable and note my journey!!

Thanks again.

Postby MZTEGN » Sun May 20, 2012 10:37 pm

From one newbie to another - Hey! And welcome :)

Congrats on your loss so far that's excellent. It's hard when the scales don't move. I've made a pact to only check them once a month. If you're feeling better in your clothes perhaps take measurents and see if there are changes there that may not be reflecting on the scales?

Good luck & wishing you all the motivation possible!

Return to Introductions