It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 am

Free Newsletter

Finally It's coming off!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Finally It's coming off!

Postby LisaUm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi all, my name is Lisa and I just stumbled across this forum and site purely by accident as I hunted new low fat cooking ideas. My journey for weight loss began 5 weeks ago, I'm not really sure what happened but I woke up one morning and just decided it was time to shift this excess fat off my body NOW! 5 weeks later and I have lost almost 15 kilos ( I was 95kgs, so now I'm down to 80).I'm not sure where my new found motivation came from, perhaps it was the constant tired feeling I was experiencing or maybe it was being sick and tired of always having to buy clothes from the 'plus section'. So this one morning, I made a doctor appointment, had a full checkup and started on duromine 40mg, although being overweight I have a very busy, active, stressful job, but I have such a love for food, never in my 34 years have I said "No Lisa you can't eat that!" and finally it all caught up and I was left with 35kgs of fat to lose! So after the doctors appointment, I knew I had to incorporate more excercise, I knew there was no way I would be strutting my fatness around a gym, so I booked a Personal Trainer to visit me 3 times a week for 45minutes sessions, and this I would say is my key to the weightloss, she motivates me, inspires me and just makes me want to get fit! I have read a few post on here in regards to duromine, I think it has different affects on different people, for me it made me so hyperactive, I had trouble sleeping the first 2 weeks, but once I started taking my daily tablet at 5am, it all settle down, it helped also with my appetite. So overall 5 weeks in I can only say good things so far about my duromine experience. I also had a good friend of mine lose weight following the biggest loser program, so having the busy life I do, the whole shake meal replacement sounded perfect for me, maybe not the healthiest method but one that works. My typical day of eating looks like this:
8am - shake meal replacement
11am - piece of fruit
2pm - shake meal replacement
4pm - piece of fruit
7pm - meal consisting of poulty or fish abd salad or veg ( no more than 300 calories)
I also stopped drinking all soft drink and coffee :( ( the no coffee part almost killed me the first week) I drink at least 3 cups of green tea a day and at least 2 litres of water now. Next week I plan to try and take duromine only every second day, because I know long term it's not a good thing, my trainer has been telling me that weight loss is all about what goes on in your mind, and I truly believe it as time goes on, if you want to lose weight that badly anything is possible, it's just finding the right combination of things that suit you and help you achieve it, I still have 20 kilos of fat to lose, and I have a feeling it may get a little harder as time goes by, but this time I will not give up until I achieve the weight I want to be :D
LisaUm

Re: Finally It's coming off!

Postby wants2loseWEIGHT » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 am

Hi Lisa. My name is Marga. Looks like you are heading the right direction with your plans. I just read something about Duromine in this forum. I think it's in the True Stories or Intro thread. Sorry can't give you advices on it since I am taking a different diet pill. It's called Liproxenol. Way cheaper than Duromine but it definitely works.

Just a tip, don't rely too much on weight loss pills. You still need to have a healthy lifestyle so you won't get back the weight you have lost. Yes, diet pills may work on your body, but it's still your hard work that counts.
To lose weight is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one - Marga

01/11/2011 = 102 kg
06/02/2012 = 93 kg
26/03/2012=91 kg
16/04/2012=88.4 kg
01/05/2012=85.1 kg
17/06/2012=78.1 kg
01/07/2012=76 kg
22/07/2012=72.5 kg
20/08/2012=68.5 kg
03/09/2012=67.8 kg
30/09/2012=66.1 kg
30/10/2012=64.9 kg
30/11/2012=62.1 kg
09/12/2012=62.2 kg
23/12/2012=61.9 kg
05/01/2013=62 kg
24/02/2013=59.9 kg
wants2loseWEIGHT

Postby SydneyPT » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm

I highly recommend you research information about foods. You are on Duromine (appetite suppressant) and a meal replacement shake (which is most likely less calories than what you would have eaten if you were not on it), which are helping you to lose weight. To achieve long-term weight loss you will have to change your lifestyle completely around or you will eventually end up where you began.
Check out my Facebook page- Insanely Fit Personal Training
SydneyPT

Postby LisaUm » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Things have been going well, 18 kilos gone now, but still a little further to go!
SydneyPT wrote:I highly recommend you research information about foods. You are on Duromine (appetite suppressant) and a meal replacement shake (which is most likely less calories than what you would have eaten if you were not on it), which are helping you to lose weight. To achieve long-term weight loss you will have to change your lifestyle completely around or you will eventually end up where you began.

I fully understand this as my PT also advised me to get off the duromine, which I have now done, it was just a great kick starter for me, i'm now only using one meal replacement instead of 2, and I aim to stay under 1200 calories per day, once I have lost 20 kilos I will stop the meal replacement and really focus on a healthy diet, I know I need to make a whole lifestyle change to actually keep the weight off, and i'm feeling great these days so I know it's worth all the effort and hard work :D
LisaUm

Return to Introductions