It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone :)

Postby moniquecheri » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi

I thought I'd introduce myself as I could definitely use some help with my weight loss.

I'm getting married in a year and a half and I would really like to feel good about myself again and not dread going to a fitting.

I'm 22 years old, 168cm and I weigh 95kgs :( my goal is to drop at least 25kgs and get back into shape so I don't feel puffed just walking around the shopping center.

Monique :)
moniquecheri

Re: Hi everyone :)

Postby Colleen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi Monique

Welcome to the forum. I find it helps a lot to discuss weight issues and to get tips for motivation from others on the forum.

For example, I have a star chart to track my exercise (walks) each day. Someone on one of the forums suggested it. I walk for 2 hours per day, 15 minutes in the morning, 45 at lunch and 1hr in the evening.

It feels good to see all the stars on the chart representing my walks.

I've just recently started exercising as well and add a star for every half hour of exercise. I exercise inside if it is too wet walk.

The other thing I have done to motivate myself is buy a slim pair of jeans and a dress for when I reach my goal weight of 53Kgs. I am eager to fit into them. I am loosing 1/2 a kg a week on average.

I am eating Lite N Easy and find the meals pleasant but small.

A year and a half is a long time and should give you plenty of time to meet your goal weight.

Good luck.
Colleen

Return to Introductions