It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:12 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, I'm new and have Thyroid Problems with Weightloss

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I'm new and have Thyroid Problems with Weightloss

Postby Emmy_Lou » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 am

Hi All,

How is everyone today?

I've decided to join this forum to help with my weightloss goals. However,, I'm feeling a little discouraged at the moment and would appreciate peoples feedback. I had a multinodular goitre in my Thyroid and had my Thyroid completely removed in Nov 2009. I am taking 75mcg Thyroxine now and am still just battling the bulge. I feel everywhere I search, on forums and on the net, just seems like people in my situation will always have a weight issue.

Is it worth my plight to keep eating healthy and exercising? I have lost 6 kilos since Feb but still need another 10 kgs to go to get to my weight from before I got ill. I'm sitting on a consistent 84.4 kgs and can't seem to shake anymore weight. I feel my weight is holding me back so much, and just want to be free to be the real person inside of me.

Re: Hi, I'm new and have Thyroid Problems with Weightloss

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi EmmyLou

Weight-loss is as much a psychological process as it is physical, which is why it is so difficult for many people.

Fortunately there are many "tricks" that can be tried, such as substituting "bad" foods with healthy low-energy food and just waiting for a few minutes until those imaginary hunger pangs dissipate on their own.

There will always be something in your diet or lifestyle that can be improved, so identify it and remove or change it. Every little improvement helps.

As Winston Churchill once said, "Never, never, never, never, never give up!"

Return to Introductions