It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey everyone!

Postby Clementine » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Hey everyone! Just thought i would introduce myself before i started to lurk around and spam the board with questions!

I'm Sam and i'm currently residing in Queensland (newbie from Adelaide). I have been struggling with weight issues for the majority of my life (starting from when i went through puberty before everyone else did -_-). At my heaviest i was 123.3 kilos when i was about 22 and at some point managed to lose around 48 kilos to get down to around the 75/76 mark, mainly due to stress! But i was still enjoying social drinking? I suppose i have something to thank my ex-fiance for?! Haha!

Anyway, once i left him, i re-discovered life and the joys of drinking and eating copious amounts of food. I have put on 20 kilos over the past 2 1/2 years and feel terrible for it. I have gone through healthy bouts, which may be why i haven't gone back to my heaviest weight. And the thing is... When i had lost all that weight, even at my thinnest... when i looked in the mirror i still saw that morbidly obese person looking back at me. And it isn't till now, where i look back on the photos i actually appreciate how much "nicer" i think i looked.

I have tried a lot of different weight loss techniques. Weight watchers, Celebrity Slim, Herbal supplements, starving, liquid dieting, eating fad foods, drinking horrible juice, etc.. And honestly... starving through stress worked best for me. But i am not interested in doing that again. I don't think i COULD do that again.... Bowls of spinach and mustard doesn't really rev my engines anymore. ;)

Before moving to Queensland about 5 months ago, i fractured my ankle and have/had severe ligament and soft tissue damage. It still plays up and i tried to stay off of it as long as i could (doctors orders) but i couldn't stand it anymore! So over the past month and a bit i have been walking every day/night and eating somewhat healthier with only a day or so a week of "stuffing up". I went down to 89.5, which i was happy with. It was averaging out about a kilo or just under a week. Steady pace! And then i went to Adelaide and ate and drank myself stupid. So i'm back up to around 93. (i don't have digital scales, so i don't get an exact number) =P

I am/was happy with going at a steady pace but being in Adelaide i really need a kick-start or a kick up the butt! A couple of friends have mentioned or suggested Duromine, so it's something i am looking into. Not as a long term solution, but just to get that metabolism going!

Losing weight is something i am doing for myself, but when it comes to relationships i really struggle with confidence and that hurts me finding someone i am comfortable with. I also find it hard to accept i could ever find a person that would love me the way i am, especially when i don't love myself the way i am. I am also planning on going on a Contiki tour at the end of next year, after two failed attempts, and would love the extra energy to see all the things i've only ever dreamed of.

Okay, well i think that was a really long introduction. Sorry about that! I look forward to looking around the board and gathering some inspiration and ideas from everyone! I also hope i can help out with my own experience or knowledge when i can.

Thank-you! =)
Clementine

Re: Hey everyone!

Postby Blitz » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:32 am

Welcome Sam

The best way to get your metabolism going is the natural way...build muscle through exercise. There are no short cuts for lasting success. I suggest exercising/swimming in a pool to nurture your ankle. First rule of exercise - do no harm.

I'm glad that you are losing weight for yourself. You will find that confidence will come with achievement. The best salesmen are those that believe in their product. I hope that during this time of weight loss you will learn to believe in your own worthiness. When you are happy within yourself, others will start to notice your uniqueness. :)

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: Maintaining it for life!
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Re: Hey everyone!

Postby Ty-Gwyn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Good luck with your journey Sam. You seem to have started for all the right reasons so I'm sure you'll be successful :)

Have you set yourself a target weight? My current weight is similar to yours ... It'd be great if we could help each other reach that all important target :)
SW - 99.6 (4th Sept 2012)
CW - 79 (15th March 2013)
GW - 70 ( or a comfortable size 12!!)
Ty-Gwyn

Return to Introductions