It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Back Again

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Back Again

Postby catielouloubelle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:43 am

Well here I am back again bigger and fatter than ever.............its just a merry go round that I struggle to get off, I can't say I promise this will be the last time for me and I will do... but I am going to try..........basically I see it as lose weight or die I remember when I was nearly 50 I wanted to be fabulous at 50 now 60 looms in 11 months and I want to be sexy and 60 :lol: but I want to be slender and sixty I don't want to be thin.. thin is not me but I need to this weight off so I can lead a longer and more active life and enjoy life more.I am EXTREMELY embarrassed about my weight.........I am 5ft 2inches and weigh 115 kilos there you are I have said I have not shared that with anyone else before :? well thats one monkey off my back now to get rid of the elephant out of my tummy..................I am an emotional eater......life has dealt me some tough cards but hey I know I am not alone there......but today I hope to make the move forward and start to shift this weight. I am married to Andy and we have five children between us and five grandchildren...........as a family we are quite dysfunctional, his kids don't speak I don't speak to one of his kids............mine are spread around Australia....but still give me grief and they are all in their 30's, but my Andy loves me despite my ever increasing girth. We have two great danes called Canny & Catie and I still work full time as an Office Manager with Coles in Adelaide, Andy lost his job so has been forced into early retirement so he is my house husband while I still work, I love my job and I love the people I work with thankfully. we have just purchased a caravan camper and I love going away at the weekend and relaxing, also very sick of squeezing around it being careful not to knock anything..............so its onwards and upwards from today
Chocolate I shall miss you dearly........Chardonnay I shall miss you even more
But my toe nails I would love to be able to reach you and cut you.
I am going to need help so will be on daily to brag :lol:
catielouloubelle

Re: Back Again

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Welcome

Being honest and accountable are the first steps to successful weight loss. The battle for weight loss is chiefly won and lost in the head. Those who say "can't", shan't and those who say "can", will. Yesterday is history and we can't do much about that but the choices we make today can give us a better future.

Learn where you went wrong in the past. Develop strategies and tactics to make a healthy lifestyle work for you. For example you are mourning after chocolate and chardonnay. If you want them that much it will pay for you to place them into your lifestyle somehow. That doesn't mean gorging on chocolate but eating it sensibly. A small piece as reward for doing all the other things you said you would do. Make it a quality dark chocolate which is healthier for you and not that sugar-bomb that isn't real chocolate that you usually buy. That's the thinking that you should apply to your lifestyle.

As someone who waited until after he turned fifty to lose weight I'm excited for you. I know just how much better your life can be...time for you to get off that merry go round to grab that better future! :D

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions