It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Needing support to do this for good.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Needing support to do this for good.

Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi there, I'm Sophie (Sydneygirl),

I'm 23 and weight 88kgs. My goal weight is 60kgs.
I have yoyoed in the past (my highest was 96kgs) but now I need to lose it for good.

I am exercising at least once a day and eating loads of fresh fruit and veggies. No processed foods.

I can't talk about it with my friends and family as they just don't understand. My fiancé is very supportive though. Just looking for some buddies and support to keep me on the right track.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Re: Needing support to do this for good.

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Welcome Sophie

You've come to the right place. We've walked in your shoes and understand. Many of us have encountered the various problems that you face as you lose weight and can suggest ideas that will aid you. Don't be timid, use this forum to the hilt.

Sounds like you are making a great start. Keep making small changes to your lifestyle and you will indeed reach your goal. :D

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks Kim,
I'm enjoying reading through all the old posts and catching up to where everyone is at.

The best thing happened today, a colleague who I haven't seen for about 2 months came into the office this arvo and said 'oh soph, you look like you've lost a bit of weight' to which I said 'yes I have' :P she is the first person outside of my family (that know I'm trying to lose weight), that has said something.
It was the best feeling and gave me such a boost. It's funny how something so small makes such an impact.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Good isn't it? Just wait till they come at you staring with a bewildered look on their faces saying, "Soph...is that you?" That's even more fun!

Don't believe for one moment that other people haven't noticed. It has been my experience that they are just too shy to say something. People are watching. You are an example and an inspiration for them without even knowing it.

Regards
Kim
Now: Keeping it off for life!
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Introductions