It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:04 am

Free Newsletter

Aussie Girl - 27 and getting there!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Aussie Girl - 27 and getting there!

Postby misk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I put off doing an introduction because I really didn't want this to be 'another failed attempt at weight loss'! But the time has come, i've stuck with it for 3months now and the results are showing! I am a South Aussie girl, 27, 157cm short and work as a Kindy teacher! I've always been tubby since I was a kid, but lost a bit when I finished school and started working a job where I was constantly moving/on my feet. Now I teach and it means alot of sitting and eating with the kids to 'role model' which really means eating LOTS of carbs and having two lunches :?

In August I started ordering Lite 'n' Easy because I just wasn't cooking and was eating out more and more and packing on the weight. For the first two weeks I just ate the meals and had a half hour-hour walk each night. The next two weeks I was feeling awesome, lots of energy, so I started walking on the treadmill 30 minutes in the morn/30 mins at night so I could bump up and monitor my walking speed. The second month I started interval walking/jogging on the treadmill as well as purchasing a kayak and kayaking for an hour on the weekend. This third month I've switched to bike riding and bought a heart rate monitor. I've been following these boards since I started though and picking up great tips and ideas.

When I started I weighed 77kilos, now three months later I weigh 66.5kilos - I've managed to lose just over 10 kilos as of this week :) I completely changed my diet to only drinking white/green tea and water (soft drink free for three months!!), from lollies everyday to 100grams of skittles in three months and from eating out about 4 times a week to once every second week. I'm in the process of trying to work my way off of Lite 'n' Easy - maybe sticking with the dinner because they just make life so lovely :P

My motivations are:
- getting my asthma back in check
- having more energy
- being 'the skinny friend' for once :P
- looking good at my wedding
- getting my body ready for kids some year soon!

So look forward to chatting to you all and getting healthy :D
misk

Re: Aussie Girl - 27 and getting there!

Postby Blitz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:15 am

Sounds like you've got a plan and you are hitting the right notes. Great work losing the 10 kilos. You must feel like a million dollars compared to when you started. :D

Good thing about a plan like Lite'n'Easy is that they do model correct eating. Most of us when we start out have no idea what a normal portion on a plate looks like. Now with a proper view you can make good choices that will last in your life.

Your list of motivations are great. They will keep you going through the harder times.

You are doing very well. Good steady loss rate and making a healthy lifestyle that works for you.

Wish you all success.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby BecMac259 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 am

10kg, you must feel fantastic!!! I can't wait until I hit my first 10 :D
I read somewhere that it's 70% eating & 30% exercise, but getting moving always makes such a big difference with me.
If the lite & easy meals are working & you can afford them, why not stick with them?
We have to remember this isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle change.
Bec
Gone forever: 2.2kg
1st goal: reach 100kg & be a size 18
BecMac259

Postby misk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:40 am

Yeah i am feeling pretty fantastic, was really happy when I started noticing a difference - in clothing mostly - but either way it's great to have energy to get up early andto have fun at work! The 10kilo lost really crept up on me, one minute it's, "Oh i've only lost 3 or 4 kilos" which didn't seem like much and now it's 10 which seem huge!

My biggest mistakes before were food portion size, skipping breakfast and lollies to give me the energy bursts to get me through the days. Lite 'n' Easy has been great for me because it forced me to have all the meals, showed me what size a dinner SHOULD be and eating the right stuff meant I had the energy i had been trying to get from lollies.

This board has been fantastic with getting tips and ideas - drop soft drinks, lots of water, less sugar and most importantly how many calories are healthy. Thanks everyone :D
misk

Return to Introductions