It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Introducing myself

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing myself

Postby BecMac259 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 am

Hi,
my name is Bec & i am a 35 year old, married, mummy to 3 gorgeous boys - 7, 3 & 7 months.
I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. My mum & sister are slim, but my brother & I have both always been over weight - gotta love having a Polish father.
I have tried everything out there, every crazy thing.
Last week, for some reason, I just thought, 'this is it, if I don't do it now, I'm never going to & I'll be a fat old lady.'
So I started parking the car on the way to dropping my eldest off to school & doing a 30min round walk pushing the pram. I cut out all alcohol (how I love a glass of wine :wink: ) & downloaded the My Fitness Pal app onto my iPhone. I love that app!! I've never followed calories before, but it is very enlightening.
In one week I lost 2.2kg & I'm into my second week now (did have a couple of vodkas last night, but it was with soda water).
I'm amazed at all my new energy already & my clothes are looser.
I know my husband & family are probably going to be thinking 'here she goes again.' But I feel really positive. :D
My starting weight was 119.4kg - size 22-24 clothes. My goal is 100kg & size 18 clothes.
So looking forward to getting to know some new people & to get some great ideas.
Hope I haven't bored you with my little intro.
Bec
Gone forever: 2.2kg
1st goal: reach 100kg & be a size 18
BecMac259

Re: Introducing myself

Postby admin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 am

Welcome Bec. You have started with the right attitude so it is just a matter of time.
Just keep making changes everday and you will see the results.
Good luck.
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby BecMac259 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks Sharrelle, I'm feeling really postive. :mrgreen:
Bec
BecMac259

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Nice attitude and great start!

have tried everything out there, every crazy thing.]

See, now you can stop doing all the crazy stuff and just stick with the good old eating clean whole unprocessed foods and moving and you'll get there!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby BecMac259 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks MC, I think you are amazing! (just finished reading your story).
Bec
BecMac259

Postby feebeejay » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Bec, sounds like we have some similar goals, I started at 120kg just about 7 weeks ago, and I've lost 7kg to date ... It doesn't seem like I've been doing it for long, but this time around it feels like I'm on a life changing journey, I know that even if I ever reach those long term goals, I can't relax my thinking, I will always be challenged by the issues around weight loss, but I am really consciously trying to make healthier choices. This firum is a great way to stay focussed, and something that has certainly helped e in the last few weeks, wishing you all the best on your journey ...
Cheers, fee
trying to stop the yo-yo!!!
feebeejay

Postby Tea85 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Welcome Bec and good luck on your journey!!

I too am a mum and my kids are my main motivation. When I don't feel like walking they push me, when I eat bad they let me know!

I look forward to reading your progress :)

Tegan xx
Tea85

Return to Introductions