It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Free Newsletter

My day to day blog

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My day to day blog

Postby time4change89 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Today is day 2 of being on the diet shakes.
My family don't know about my diet and I seen my mum today and I felt a little bad about not telling her because I know she worries about my health but I am happy to keep her and my other family members in the dark, that means if I fail yet again I don't get her making me feel bad.
Today I woke up at 7 and had my breakfast shake and then had another one at 12 and had a healthy chicken wrap
Feeling good
time4change89

Re: My day to day blog

Postby Tea85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 am

I felt that way at first too but now everyone around me knows. And they always ask how's it going ect which really keeps me on track. Giving up is not an option now because explaining to my closest friends is impossible and they simply won't let me. My mum txts me every morning and asks how was your walk and if I haven't been yet she tells me to get my butt in gear every Wednesday she calls for my weekly weigh in and we celebrate together. For me this support is without a doubt kept me going in the right direction.
Tea85

Postby Sydneygirl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:00 pm

I didn't tell my family for the first couple of weeks. I said that I had started walking and I was enjoying it but that is all.

Then after about 3 weeks I went to my parents house and my dad looked at me and said wow you've lost weight, I can see it. I just laughed and said yes, we'll I hope so, I am trying. (My dad is well meaning but is always the one to point out when I have gained weight so it's nice knowing that he noticed the loss)
From then their support has been great and help me stay on track, knowing that they will ask me next time I see them how I'm doing and if I've lost any more weight.

I don't broadcast what I'm doing, but whenever people point out that I have lost weight and ask if I'm doing anything for it I answer honestly.
I see what I'm doing as healthy lifestyle choices that I hope to keep for the rest of my life. Regular exercise and good food choices. I track everything in myfitnesspal app. Every little ing I it in my mouth goes into the tracker, as well as any exercise I do. It feels amazing just living a normal life and seeing the number on the scales fall.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby Tea85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I use my fitness pal too. Love it!!
Tea85

Postby time4change89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 am

I don't lack support I have that in large ammounts from my amazing partner and I also got told today by my mother in law that I have lost weight so that made me feel good. But my family, sadly are not very good at positive support, I would rather do this in privacy of my home.
I think I have been rather good today I went out and really wanted kfc for lu ch but I got a 6inch sub from subwy.
Making healthy changes that I am mindful of is making me feel good about myself but I am still worried of not getting g to the size 14 wedding dress that I have spoken about beforr
Knowing that my wedding is only a yr or 2 away makes me worried.
Had a yummy salad with lamp chops at my in laws for tea tonight and watermelon for sweets
Also been doing a lot of walking the last few days, my feet are hurting but that's good I guess
Thanks all for ur amazing support as always x
time4change89

Postby Sydneygirl » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 am

That's awesome that your partner is so supportive.
I can definitely understand about the wedding dress. I'm getting married on the 2nd or March. My dress is a size 16 and I'm hoping that I can get it taken in just before the wedding. But the deadline seems to be flying at me at a rapid speed.

Can I suggest getting some really good runners. It makes a world of difference for your feet.
Sophie

Highest weight 96kgs
Start weight 93kgs
Goal weight 60kgs
Sydneygirl

Postby time4change89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks Sophie I will do that
time4change89

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 am

Good for you, T4C!
What ever works for you is what you should be donig .. if you don't want to tell your family then don't. Simple :D

Congrats on the little changes .. Subway instead of Kentucky is a great one.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby time4change89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Wow my day has been amazing I am very tired as I write this but today I had my shake early then back to bed, then today handed out resumes and then when we got home David and I discussed the issues and stresses that we are struggling with then my amazing man told me he had been planning my bday prizzie and thinks it would be a good idea to get it early..... Long story short... I am leaving tomorrow to new castle to see my best friend that I haven't seen for the lo gest time I am so excited and nervous, also feeling rather sad cuz I feel bad for leaving h him when he needs me but I am excited about having time away
His a amazing man, I wish I could do something just as amazing as his done for me, any ideas any one?
time4change89

Return to Introductions